04| Encounter

It wasn't completely trash, the coffee I mean.

 But I don't think it can ever be replaced. The type of coffee I was craving was warm not by it's temperature but by its's actual warmth, the type of warmth that can only be transferred by someone's care and love.   

Ugh, I'm zoning out again. 

"Was I being too mean?" Henry asked himself as he was starring at his rear view mirror.  

It wasn't his intention to make her feel embarrassed or anything, it was just his human condition to be like that towards her. He was feeling annoyed at himself as well, she must now hate him since he sounded like a complete jerk earlier towards her. 

But then again, maybe being a cold jerk was being attractive?

He smirked.

 "But then again, It's Rachel Lee. Rachel Lee... You've gotten prettier." Henry smirked again as he drove down the road leading towards the nearest Starbucks. 

🍁

 Zeke rushed into the cafe quickly as he worried if Rachel might have lost her way to the market. He was worried about her, but he really learned his lesson after spending so much of money on plastic bags at the market so he wasn't going to let that happen again.

 "Recycle bag, recycle-  Ah, here it is!" He said as he picked up the recycle bag from the floor. 

As he rushed out from the store he stopped to pickup his phone that was constantly ringing. 

"Ah Rachel, did you actually loose your way?" He said as he let out a small laugh.

But as he looked down at his phone to see the callers ID, he felt a lump in his throat. 

"Eomma (: mother in Korean )?"

🍁

 *Cameron Valley Hospital*  

Zeke rushed into the hospital with his mind completely scattered. He was afraid of what might have happened to his mother and he was in no position to loose anything or anyone. He had completely forgotten about Rachel who waited for him in the dark. 

 He rushed to the nearest nurse to see if they knew anything about his mother's situation. He was completely frantic, since it was his first time experiencing any of this on his own after his father had passed two years ago.

 "Hi, excuse me. I'm Zeke my mother is-"  

"EOMMA!" Zeke said as he watched the nurses slowly push the bed out towards the ICU. 

"Doctor, doctor!" Zeke shouted out after the doctor.

 "She has to have an operation now." and that's all he said as he walked away.

Zeke stood there holding in his tears trying not to stumble down and cry. He was so caught off guard, he didn't know what to do or who to call. He was completely broken down and tired, but he needed to hold himself together for the sake of his mother.

🍁

Henry stopped by the Starbucks to grab a coffee. I mean he didn't have anything for breakfast so he clearly needed a booster. He felt so dried up from the bitter day so maybe a drink like this would somewhat help?  Before leaving his car he grabbed his coat and left. 

"I'll have one hot caramel  latte." He said as he grabbed his wallet out without paying much attention to the barista.

"Yes, that'll be RM 12. Wait, OMG ARE YOU HENRY ??" The barista said with excitement as she gasped.