~THIRTEEN~

€°€°€°€°€
"I got you, you got me. We've got this... together."

                       €°€°€°€°€

Song for this chapter: Hallelujah by Simi ft. Johnny Drille.

Dedicated to nma_writes 😊

Please endeavor to read author's note at the end🙏🙏🙏

Oya Leggo!!!

*Unedited*

                       ~BOLU~

Ayo and Nina kept whispering to each other with Nina giggling every so often. It made me wonder what was so funny and how he wasn’t so quiet with her.

Ninu focused on vibing with MJ and Fred while Jeremy and Joy-Anne cuddled with each other. What the heck was going on? I mean, I always knew they would end up with each other but I did not think it’d be this fast.

I kept eating pizza slices and suya until I realized I had eaten eight slices, finished three plates of suya and gulped down the whole glass of chapman.

My stomach get space oh.

We were in a party and the main fun was going on inside the house. But it felt like an unplanned hangout between all of us ‘cause none of us seemed interested in what was going on in the party.

Speaking of which, I hadn’t even sighted Chidera at all or even the birthday celebrant, Ashley. I also hadn’t seen him too.

“Ninu,” a male voice called and we all looked up to see Goke Wilson walking towards us looking really stressed but he smiled nonetheless.

“Yeah, Goke, what’s up?”

He greeted us and signaled for her to get up.

“See you later guys, enjoy the party,” Ninu said and stood up, walking away with Goke.

Joy attempted to stand up and go back to her seat but Jeremy no gree oh. He pulled her again by the waist so she remained on his laps. Sheybi she was enjoying the cuddling, why does she now want to get up?

I stood up and stretched making a sound intentionally to get attention. It did not work o. They continued their business.

I shrugged, picked up my backpack with my phone in my hand and left them alone. I walked into the house where the main party was going on.

The air was stuffy and reeked of alcohol and cigarette. If police should catch us ehn, it af kuku finish for us.

I almost bumped into two drunken teens dancing like mad people. I mumbled an apology and made my way to where the seats are, making sure to avoid bumping into anybody else. I took a seat on one of the chairs with an empty round table.

The DJ had the song playing changed to another song by Burna Boy…or was it Rema?  I did not even know. I sha know that my body moved along to the song as I scrolled through social media.

I had a half-mind to send a dm to Ore so I could know where he was but decided against it ‘cause I technically had nothing to say to him. Besides we have never chatted on whatsapp or any social media for that matter.

After about five minutes or more, I heard voices around me and I looked up from my phone to see Chidera, Ashley, a boy who was oddly familiar; two other girls that I didn’t know and Ore Jumai. They took their seats round the table laughing and talking about whatever. I would have gone unnoticed until Chidera spoke up.