Prologue

~One Year Ago~

Rayne hopped along the roof of the buildings and faced her partners, Isla Fredman and Neil Storm, or in their hero names, Electra and Frost.

"So, Neil, tell me, what are we doing again?" She asked.

"First of all, call me Frost here, Rose." Neil/Frost answered, calling Rayne/Rose by her hero name.

"Second of all-

"-We located some villains living around here, so we are trying to track them down." Isla/Electra finished for her, smirking and flying backwards. Rose nodded. Looking around, she felt like the streets were getting more and more familiar. They stopped at a dark-blue house, rimmed with white with a black roof. Wait a second, isn't this Father and Mother's house? Rose thought. She usually stayed in the dorms of her boarding school except for holidays, so she didn't visit her parents that often.

"We're here." Isla/Electra announced, stepping towards the electricity box and fiddling with the wires. Frost was strolling the streets, guarding them.

"Uh, guys, I think there may have been a mista-" Rose started when Electra flicked a button, grabbed Rose, motioned to Frost, and ran off into the distance. The smell of burnt wood filled the air, and smoke was erupting from the house. Rose gawked at the scene.

"Electra- that was my parent's house." Rose said, everything around her becoming sharply familiar. Electra's eyes went wide. She took out her phone and tapped on her screen frantically. Rose heard faint screams, and ran off towards her house.

"Ma? Dad?" She shouted, waving the smoke away from her face. Flames licked her ankles, threatening to swallow her whole. She made her way up the flaming stairs, wincing at the pain but she didn't care.

"Mom! Dad!" She shouted again. She ran into what was her parents room.

"No. No no no no no. Ma... dad..." She said, dropped to her knees. A burnt, black necklace sat in the middle of the ashes. Dad's necklace... She thought. Get up, Rayne. said a voice in her head. Who are you? Rayne thought. Who am I? I am you. You deep inside. Your parents had a secret they never told you. They never will, so I might as well tell you now. Your father was a demon, and so are you. 

~Meanwhile~

Locked up under an old, abandoned science facility. Chained. Gagged. Blindfolded. Forgotten. Christopher struggled about, his wrists chained tightly behind his back by thick, iron cuffs. Screaming out his pain and rage, but a rough rag blocked out the sounds. Dried-up tears on his pale, bruised face. He was an orphan, his parents killed in a car crash with a drunk driver. Adopted by a loving family that cared for him that he loved back. When he turned seven, he was kidnapped and brought to this hell. Experimented on and tortured, he was no longer human. The crazy scientists that captured him are long gone, fled after the police came, but he was never found for he was in the deepest part of this prison-like place. Now, eleven years later, he is looking to escape. And for revenge.