When the Light Catches I'll See You

The ball hosted by his father in order to find potential business partners, or to just reconnect with previous ones, would be one of the biggest events so far in Byakuya's life. Only the elite were invited, and he would be organizing most of the event, along with issuing out most of the invitations. Not a single one could have a mistake or imperfection, his scrawling handwriting required to fit exactly on each card. Each slip of paper included with the invitation was personal, an added difficulty since most of the invitees were people he knew nothing of before now. He can't mess this up. He won't mess this up.

"A ball?" Naegi perks his brow up at Hinata, the two taking a seat together inside of a small cafe. "At the Togami mansion? What kind of stuff do those people even do at events like that?"

"Dance, apparently. But I think everyone knows of the business motives behind the friendly gathering. It'd be a blessing to ever even see the inside of the mansion, or the gold seal of an invitation, you know. It's not often a huge event is hosted by the Togami's." he rambles, sighing as he finishes. "It's all a little too ridiculous."

"I've heard that the head's son is going to be there," A girlish voice speaks up, and they both look to see a cheerful Komaru sliding down into the seat next to her brother. "A bunch of my friends are wondering if they are looking to get him a match! Isn't this the kind of perfect event to have something like that!?"

"I guess, but I don't think the head is even married, so it's unlikely his son would break away from tradition..."

"Still, just thinking about that kind of thing must get you excited!" She pumps her fists in the air, making Hinata roll his eyes at the over excited gesture.

"You just like that kind of drama too much,"

That makes her giggle. "Maybe, but it sounds like the plot of some romance manga! A fancy heir meets the perfect partner at a ball, but his father disproves? It's the perfect story to get me hooked!"

Nervously, Makoto nudges her elbow, "It's hard to believe it could be that glamorous..."

"Well, whatever! Still is exciting," she puffs out her cheeks, slumping her chin into a hand. "I would kill to go to that kind of thing..."

"Of course you would..."

"Hey!" she laughs at Hinata's jab, "But it's not like any of us would ever be invited,"

Hinata frowns deeply, the reminder of his low status in society irking him. "I guess..."

Makoto elbows his sister again, seeing Hinata's mood start to sour. A grumpy Hinata just worsens his bluntness. "Anyway, what do you think of that clairvoyant visiting town? I heard he's the best of his kind!"

The three decide to head into town to find the fortune teller after finishing their lunch, Hinata placing an arm around Komaru protectively. Despite how the girl sometimes accidentally reminded Hinata of his insecurities, she was funny and sweet, like a little sister, and he couldn't help but feel his excitement grow as she enthused about getting a palm reading. Makoto wasn't one to express such displays of closeness, especially since he was a smidge shorter than his sister, a fact that always embarrassed him. He didn't want to be seen as an annoying kid brother to onlookers. The small place the clairvoyant has set up his stand is at the center square of the town, a purple rug and a crystal ball set upon a table. A sign with fancy script is propped up against one of the legs, a man leaning back in a chair, hands behind his head.

"Uh, hello?" Komaru approaches the table, catching the tanned man's attention. He appears several years older than them, a small scratchy beard beginning to sprout from his chin, while his hair is tied back in many braids.