forty four

chapter forty four
"shocking surprise"

      "HOW LONG DO YOU THINK she'll be asleep?"

      Lynn's heavy eyelids felt as if they were practically sucking the life out of her — she was much too tired to even try to lift them, too much energy had been lost in the fight against the Alphas, and she was almost certain that she had, once again, been injected with some type of wolfsbane.

      Her toes dragged against the hard cement as she felt two strong arms under both sides of her armpits — however, by the way one had a tight clump of her hair and the other held a death-like grip on her skin, surely leaving a bruise behind.

      They weren't friends.

      Lynn ever so softly lifted her chin up from hanging limply, and she heard a sly chuckle escape a males lungs. A murmured, "Looks like someone woke up."

      "I wish I could murder you right here, right now," Lynn grumbled under her breath, and there was almost a slight growl laced in between her words. If she could've, she would've brutally killed Ethan and Aiden right here, right now.

     Lynn struggled in the two Alphas grasps on her body as she heard commotion happening in some nearby room. Finally tearing her eyes off her captors, she easily recognized the hallway that she had walked down dozens of times by now — she was at Derek's. 

There was a bit of fear that crossed those glazed blue eyes of hers, and her nostrils flailed every so slightly. Why in the bloody hell would they kidnap let and go through all this hassle just to bring her to the exact place she was going to anyway? There was an uneasy feeling settling in the pit of her stomach, and now there was some more energy fluttering in her veins to dig her back.

"What's a girl gotta do to get you alone?"

Lynn exhaled a heavy, yet shaky, breath of air as she acknowledged belonged to none other than Kali. And much to her surprise, her stumbling feet and movement was suddenly halted — forcing Lynn to glance up to gather her surroundings.

But nothing prepared her for the heartbroken expression that was stretched across that usual charming face of Derek's.

But it wasn't just Derek in his loft, on both sides of the werewolf Alpha were both Boyd and Isaac. Isaac, naturally, seemed to have anxiety and worry crossing her pale complexion, where Boyd didn't seem to be as bothered — but anyone could smell it, the concern he had for the female werewolf in the deathly grasps of their opposed Alphas.