Part 1

Wild groaned as he slowly pushed himself off the stone bricks of the Skyloft plaza.

"Looks like we've shifted again." He mumbled aloud.

"Tch. No kidding." Legend muttered back as he readjusted his cap. He sighed, seemingly satisfied with his cap. Turning to his brothers who had yet to get off the floor, he held out a hand for the smithy to take.

Four gratefully accepted the gesture and pulled himself up. Intelligent eyes examined his surroundings in an almost suspicious manner.

"Hey guys," he called to the others. "Is it just me or does Skyloft look different to you?"

Warriors brushed the dirt off his clothes.

"Why don't you ask the local boy." He gestured to where he thought Sky was.

"Wars," Hyrule stated, "That's Twilight."

"Um... Yeah. I was just 'bout to say 'what are you doing?'" The Ordonian added.

"I'm gesturing at Sky."

"No you're not." Legend chimed in. "By the looks of it he's not even here."

"What?" Time interjected from behind Warriors. The startled Captain let a barely audible squeak escape.

Wind gasped worriedly. "He didn't get left behind during the switch. Did he?"

"It's his own Hyrule." Legend reminded them. "He probably left to go get someone or to do something."

"You know he wouldn't leave us here without guidance, Vet," Twilight vetoed.

Legend held up his hands. "I'm just trying not to jump to conclusions. He could be totally fine and you would be giving yourself a headache for nothing."

"I-"

The rancher was cut off by a little girl's voice.

"Link!"

Naturally, the entire group glanced in that direction.

Running down the path that turned right into the plaza, a little golden haired boy bolted towards them. A grin shined on his face as the breeze tousled his locks.

Then came a little girl, also a blonde, sprinting to catch her friend. Giggles bubbled from her mouth, though it caused her to lose more of her breath.

The pure joy of childhood radiated off the pair. The light of their smiles outshined the sun.

All heaviness in the air seemed to dissipate as the children danced around each other like butterflies at play.

Wild resisted the urge to say oop when the boy finally exhausted his stamina and the little girl barreled into him. He crouched in front of the pile of children to see if they were alright.

Before he could ask however, the two friends shattered the moment of quiet with peals of laughter. The girl rolled off the boy's back and hugged her stomach as mirth vibrated through her tiny body.

Some hearty chuckles joining the children's quickly stole the champion's attention. He glanced up at the big man who was rounding the corner from the way to the academy.

"Hoo hoo! It seems you have taken quite the tumble little ones."

"Hiya, Father!" The girl greeted from the floor of the plaza while the boy waved.

The man lumbered over to them just as Wild realized the uncanny fact that all three people didn't seem to notice him.

The others seemed to have caught on. Stealing a gaze at his mentor, Wild appraised the slight pallor Twilight bore. He remembered the rancher telling him about certain parts of his adventure in which he remained unseen by his friends and family, yet he was right in front of them.

Returning his attention to the strangers, he found that the father had picked up his little girl, and the boy had gotten up.

"Alright, Zelda. We best get washed up for lunch." The man ruffled the boy's hair. "You too, Link. Run along now. I believe your parents are waiting for you."

The boy, Link, nodded enthusiastically with a smile before running off to his house. Straight through Wild.

Nothing but stunned silence echoed in the group.

"I guess we found him..."