CH. 8

⊹ 。 ゚⁖✦ ˖ ⊹ 。 ゚˖ ✧ ⊹ 。 ゚⁖ °✦

EREN WAS HELPING MINA mop the floors of the bakery, he'd never done such thing before but he had experience with cleaning. just not with a mop. the bakery had closed around thirty minutes ago and the employees were finishing things up for the night before leaving.

you were cleaning the tables by the window, your eyes glimpsing over at eren once in a while. he seemed to be relaxed now, since today had been quite a hassle with hungry customers and it was his first day.

"bye onyankopon and petra! see you guys tomorrow!" mina spoke in her soothing tone while sending short waves to her two coworkers who were now exiting out of the bakery's entrance door. the two said their goodnights before officially leaving, and the only ones left were you three, thomas and your mother. farlan had already left earlier since he had to attend his late shift at a local convenience store.

"thanks for helping me mop the floors, eren. i wish someone else would've helped too," mina shifted her eyes at thomas, who was relaxing himself behind the register counter and gave him a cold glare.

"yeah, it's no problem," eren responded, lifting his gaze towards mina who began walking towards thomas to give him a lecture. then he turned to you, noticing your figure approaching him. you were slightly sweating from all of the cleaning and an exhausted expression overcame your face.

"damn. levi would probably praise you even more," you said to eren, eyes observing the cleaned floor while lightly chuckling.

"you think so?"

"definitely! the only way i could ever get levi to be nice or praise me is whenever i clean something until it's spotless," you admit, sighing softly before looking at eren.

eren noticed how you said levi, instead of professor ackerman. he had completely forgotten you were both related at that moment, but he cleared the thought away and raised his arm, not even realizing his next actions until it was already done.

you felt eren's hand press atop of your head, giving it gentle pats.

"eren?" you spoke after eren had stopped his hand movements and left his hand resting on top of your head. eren became startled and flung his hand away back to his side, a flustered expression now appearing on his face as he tried to muster words of what he just did.

"i- um-" eren's lips trembled as the words were unable to escape from his mouth. you giggled, not to make fun of him, but because you found it charming of him.

eren's lips came into a thin line as he watched you laugh, trying to hide his smile from upon seeing yours. but his cheeks were still heated, flushed in the color red from feeling embarrassed for his action earlier.