somewhere far away...

It's been a week since the mysterious boy started sitting on the rooftop of his house. No one knows why is he sitting there, or what is he saying. 

But trust me, everyone in the town knows him, they think he's weird, crazy, or just different. I don't think of any of these because I know that before, he was a really good friend to my classmate, I wanna know who is it, and why is he sitting there. My classmate aka Hyunjin, never talks to him, and he never wants to talk about him. It's weird, one day they were friends and the other day they totally stopped talking to each other, I think something happened between them, but I don't know what, it's slowly getting on my brain.  

Anyways let me introduce myself before we start, my name is Soomin, Man Soomin I'm a high school student and this is a story about me finding out who is that boy, and why is he talking to the moon

It's Monday morning, I'm going to meet U Seyeon, she is my best friend, sadly she's one-year younger so we don't go to the same class.

"Hi Soonmin!" she greeted me with a hug and kiss on the cheek, she's always like this."Hi bestie, I'm going to ask Hyunjin something about the boy" 

"oh, what do you wanna know? and are you sure he's going to answer? he never wants to talk about him."

"Yeah I know but I wanna know why they are not talking to each other, they were best friends, Hyunjin seem sad," I said, then we headed out to school, we said our goodbyes in the hallway and then we went into our classes.

When I came into the class, I saw my friends already sitting at my desk, waiting for me. We greeted each other and then I decided to talk to Hyunjin

"Hyunjin, I have a question about the boy from my neighborhood, the one boy who sits on the rooftop every day." Hyunjin let out a sigh and then he said: " Soonmin, I told you, so many times that I don't wanna talk about it, he is my friend and he wouldn't be happy if I told anyone about what happened."

"He is your friend? it doesn't seem like that, if he's your friend why aren't you talking to each other?" I was still asking, I'm curious, why? what happened? His answer kinda shocked me. 

"I'm still his friend, he wants to be alone now, and clean his mind. And please don't ask me more questions, I'm not comfortable telling you this, don't get me wrong." With this, he stands up and went to sit on his desk, I didn't want to bother him anymore so I let him be.

After school, I again meet up with Seyeon "Hi Soonmin unnie how was your day? did you talked to Hyunjin?" 

"My day was fine, and yeah I did talk to him, he said, that he and the boy, I think his name is Changbin. Well, he said that they are still friends but Changbin needs to be alone, I think something really bad happened to him." I said and sighed. 

"Well, maybe, we can find out," Seyeon said.

 I just stared at her waiting for what is she going to say. "Let's sneak out at night, we're going to listen to what is he saying, maybe we will find out." Seyeon finished the sentence and I agreed.

 We agreed to meet at 9 pm in front of my house, so we can hide somewhere near his house and hear everything he says.

It's 8:52 pm, I'm getting ready, Seyeon will be here soon. I'm really excited but scared, I don't know why, but yeah.

 I heard a knock on the door so I went to open the door because I know it's my friend, I put on my shoes and we headed out, Changbin lives near me, so the way to his house wasn't that long. We got to his house in a few minutes, we find a spot to hide so he won't see us and we're going to hear him.

 It didn't take much time and a boy climbed thru his window on the roof of his house. He was silent for a while and was just staring at the moon, all the stars reflecting in his eyes, after a while staring at the moon his eyes got teary, it broke my heart he looked like he needs someone who would give him a warm hug and told him that he is not alone, I didn't even realize it but Seyeon was taking a video of him. "Seyeon? why are you filming him?" I asked whispering. "because you can show this to Hyunjin, what if he says something Hyunjin needs to know" I didn't answer her because I heard Changbin, he started talking to the moon.

"Hi, Lixie, how have you been doing today? For me, today was shitty, like every day without you. I miss you, I'm sad and disappointed that you left me here alone, because you always said that we are going to be together forever. But I'm also happy for you because I know you are feeling better now, nothing hurts, and that you are in a better place." 

His eyes got tearier and he sadly sighed. then he takes something out of his pocket, it was an envelope, he take out a letter from that envelope, a handwritten letter, I and Seyeon couldn't see what's written there, we saw a lot of little hearts all over the letter.

Changbin looked at the letter and started reading it out loud.

"Hi Changbinnie Hyung, I'm sending you this letter, because I wanna say goodbye to you, you know my health condition got much worse so they send me to hospital, I'm not going to tell you which one because I know we both won't be able to see each other. I want to say a big thank you for every second we spend together, I miss u so so so much, But, don't worry, every night and every day, I am going to sit on the moon, and watch you, and I'm going to make sure you are happy and safe. I love you so much Hyung, remember that please, I think that's all I wanna say to you, sending all my love, your Felix." He started sobbing after he read the letter from a boy named Felix, I and Seyeon were so sorry for him, he's going thru a lot rn, and people are still making fun of him. However, my thoughts were interrupted by the voice of a crying boy.

"Lee yongbok, I love you too, and I miss you. I really wanna end it, end everything. I wanna sit on the moon with you. Everyone in the city knows me, I'm famous as the mad boy who sits on the roof every night, and talks to the moon. I hope you're on the other side, talking to me too, or am I a fool, who sits alone, talking to the moon.