Me and Henry are friends.

Poke.

I shift turning over.

Poke.

I bat the hand away. "Mmmm tryin sleep."

Something warm and wet drags across my face sending shivers down my spine.

I sit bolt upright wiping my face furiously. "Did you just lick me?!"

There's a smug smirk on the demon's face. "You weren't getting up."

"Yeah, but you didn't have to lick me!" I whine.

I can tell he's rolling his eyes. "I'm sowwy." His voice drips in fake sincerity. "Would you have preferred bacon soup shoved down your throat instead?"

I groaned sliding off of the throne and onto the cold metal. At least I can try to figure out what the message means now.

But the ink demon sweeps me off my feet holding me like a little kid.

Heat surges through my cheeks."What's the big idea?"

He grins at me. "You."

I cover my face with my hands embarrassed. "Can you just put me down please?"

"No," "Why not?" "Cause you're so small I might lose you."

I glare at him but he just sticks out his tongue. "So, what's my little Henny going to do today?"

He walks into the kitchen, his tail swaying back and forth happily.

Sammy gives me a concerned look before going back to observing some old newspapers about the studio.

"I don't know, maybe listen to the record- '' The demon lets out a large huff interrupting me.

"How many times are you going to listen to that thing? You've spent the last few days listening to it!" He whines.

He lifts me up to the cupboard. "Maybe this time it'll be different." I grab a large silver pot.

"That's like eating bacon soup over and over again hoping it'll taste any less expired. Which, if I must remind you, you are doing."

"Am not." "Whatever you say doll." "I have to eat this stuff to survive!"

"Would it really be that bad if you didn't?" The demon hummed opening recently retrieved soup cans.

"Yes it would. I'd die. That is considered 'bad' for people." I watch the demon pour soup one handedly into the pot.

He then placed it on the stove and clicked on the burner. "Nah. You'd go to heaven for sure."

I felt myself blushing again. "W-whatever.." I stutter.

"If you don't, I think I'm gonna have to have a friendly interaction with the people upstairs." He teases.

I smile up at his ink covered face. What would he look like without it?I wonder unconsciously reaching up as if to wipe it away, but the pot starts whistling on the stove.

He turns away. "Oh look, the garbage you like is done."

"I suppose so." I frown.

We pour the soup into three bowls and Bendy slams the one for Sammy down hard in front of him.

"Hope ya like it. We made sure to make yours extra special." He grins.

He stares cautiously down at the soup as if it might sprout wings. I sigh as Bendy puts me down.

"Don't worry Sammy, we didn't actually put anything in it."

Bendy smirks. "You sure?" Sammy pushes the bowl away from him.

I pick up my bowl and start to head back to the throne room.

"Where are you going?" Sammy asks.

"The throne room..I'm going to listen to the tape again." I sigh.

Sammy looks concerned. "Look, Henry, I want to get out of here as much as you do, but locking yourself away from everyone else isn't going to help us do that."

I pause, before heading back to the table. "You're right..But I still don't understand. What does it mean?"

"I have literally been telling you the same thing!" The demon complains. "Why are you listening now?"

"Probably because me and Henry are friends and you two are like some sort of weird couple that never actually got together." Sammy snorts.

Bendy looks down at the table as if it's the strangest thing he'd ever seen. "No we're not. S-shut up."

I laugh. "OH? YOU THINK THAT'S FUNNY HUH?" The demon snarls.

The hairs on my neck stand up. "A-a bit. Yeah.."

He lunges for me but I duck out of the way still out of breath.

"Get over here Henny, and I'll make sure we look like a couple that got together!"

I laugh, a bit more frantically this time. "No t-thanks I think I'm good."

"You don't need to lie Henny~" I duck again narrowly avoiding claws. "I'm not lying!"

"I just said you didn't need to do that," I dash out of the kitchen the demon on my heels.

His laughter fill my ears but I try to block it out. I don't really know the layout of this place but I'm hoping that just running faster than him will be enough.

I turn the corner at the last second but the ink demon smashes straight into the wall.

Grimacing I continue running down the hall as fast as my legs can carry me. I don't know what he considers 'couple' material, but I don't really want to find out.

Inky patterns darken on the walls around me and I don't have to look back to know he's close.

Something grazes the back of my shirt and I shriek adrenaline rushing through me.

Ahead of me is a large dark spot on the ground but I don't really pay much attention and soon I'm falling.

The dark spot was actually a hole in the ground.

I'm falling. Down, down, dead.

That's what would happen if the ink demon wasn't firmly gripping my collar and decided to let go.

"Henry, you idiot." He hisses, dropping me back onto solid ground. "You coulda died."

I smile sheepishly up at my rescuer. "But I didn't."

He collapses next to me. "How are you so sure I'm not going to kill you instead?"

"Please don't..." He leans onto me. "I won't. We make too good of a couple."

I blink. "We do?" He smiles at me. "Heck yeah, Henny we're the best team ever."

Oh..He thought couples meant team...

I burst out laughing and soon we collapse into a happy, tired pile.