━━ 𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊.

━━━━━━━━━━   ♯   ━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━      ━━━━━━━━━━

ALTERNATE DESCRIPTION;
a young woman in college meets
a man littered with burnt scars in
an alleyway near campus.

𝐀 𝐒𝐎𝐅𝐓 𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐇 𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐋𝐄𝐅𝐓 𝐊𝐈𝐘𝐀'𝐒 brown lips as she sat on the cold stone bench. it was a full moon that september night, and the glint of white moon shone on her skin, smiling at her, welcoming her. it had become one with the lake a few feet in front of her, and the body of water looked black as it glistened in the dim illumination, at the mercy of the push and pull of the rock in the sky.

today's previous events played and replayed in her mind like a movie on a loop; sifting through the work given to her by her alma mater and the physical work she had to do at her job, whose shift ended a few hours ago. she knew well that she should have been at home in her apartment, laying in her soft pillows and sheets and being carried away to the land of her dreams, but she couldn't.

something was pulling her in that night. and she wanted to enjoy the peace and silence of the evening. it silenced the demon within her that was quite real, and ate away at her conscious, at her body and at her soul. in the night, its treacherous voice was tuned out, as if it weren't there at all. and kiya loved it. the dark skies had the young woman under a spell. 

as did someone else. 

"aww, were you waiting out here for me?" a teasing and low voice called out to kiya. the sound of his voice snapped her into that spell he had on her, for he'd been infiltrating the very depths of her mind since she saw those captivating, turquoise blue eyes that glowed in the darkness as if it were a bright flame. and as if she were a moth, no matter how much she resisted, the flame always seemed to draw her in.

a frightened shiver ran down her spine and back up to her skull, letting her know that danger was a few feet away from her and she should get up and run. 

but like the night, he pulled her in.

"dabi... i.. i wasn't― what do you want?" kiya whispered, not daring to turn around and look at him because she was afraid he'd suddenly appear a few inches in front of her face. she knew that he could kill her in an instant, and that was surely what he had come here to do. that's what he had been coming here to do for a few days now. but each night, the man let her walk free. but kiya was convinced that it was all apart of his sadistic game to make her think that he meant no harm to her, that she was safe― and these thoughts only made her more nervous.