Chapter 6 - We need to talk

---

It's been three days since I've been back at the compound and honestly it's been great. Tony got a call from Secretary Ross, saying there'd been a breach at the Raft prison. Steve had gone to break them out. Wanda mind messaged me saying she'd stay in touch, using burner phones, it was exhausting talking to each other, in our minds, from so far away. I was sitting at the end of my bed scrolling through my phone when Friday's voice broke the silence.

"Mr. Stark is requesting you at the front door, you have a visitor." She informed me. I hoisted myself up off the floor and began to wander my way there, still scrolling through the New York Times website.

Once I arrived at the foyer I finally looked up from my phone. My eyes went wide as my eyes landed on Peter who was standing just inside the door with a goofy grin on his face.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked, bringing my fake American accent on subconsciously. I quickly rushed over to him so I was standing directly in front of him.

"Well, we need to talk about everything and you're coming back to school in 4 days, so I thought maybe now was a good time. Is... is now not a good time?" He asked his smile fading from his face.

"Never's a good time, maybe come back then?" I joked laughed, cut off my laughter by sighing and running my hand down my face. "Yeah, I guess we can talk." His face light up, making my laugh slightly. "Come on."

I grabbed onto his hand and pulled him along to my room. I paused slightly and looked at my alarm clock, it read 10 minutes past 7. That means I haven't eaten in 8 hours...

"Wanna order a pizza?" I cocked an eyebrow at Peter. He frantically nodded, making me laugh. I picked up the phone, called the best pizza place in town and asked for a pepperoni. Of course I checked with Peter first.

---

Tony dropped the pizza off to my room, so neither of us had to get up. We both sat with out backs pressed against the doorframe of my balcony door. Laughing and having a random conversation about that time Ned embarrassed himself in front of the whole class, multiple times.

"The whole time everyone was snickering." I laughed before taking a bite of the slice of pizza I had in my hand. Peter laughed along with me like it was the first time he's heard the story, even though he was there. Slowly our laughter died down and eventually we were just staring at each other and eating pizza.

"Y/n?" Peter finally spoke up.

"Yeah?" I asked with a massive smile on my face. I always felt a lot happier when I was around him.

"You do realize we have to talk about this at some point, right?" My smile instantly faded. I threw the crust of the piece of pizza I was eating back into the box.

"Fine." I uttered with a clenched jaw. "We'll each tell our story and then let the other ask any questions, to an extent. But you're going first."

"If it'll make it easier for you to tell your story then I will." He told me, not moving his eyes off of me. He took a deep breath in and started his story.

"Well, my parents died when I was 4, I think, I can't really remember. Then I went to live with my Aunt May as you know. Then I was enrolled into Midtown School of Science and Technology. Then you showed up. Then like, a month or two later I was bitten by this spider, hurt like hell by the way. The spider died the second it bit me. Then I started to change... My senses were dialled up to 11. I could climb walls. I didn't want anyone to worry about me so I never told May or you or Ned. Then I had an idea of using my new found powers to help people. I designed a costume and snuck of the house at night to go out crime fighting."