CHAPTER FIVE

HO HEY

       LEE AND CARLOS sprinted to the kitchen when they heard rock music

       LEE AND CARLOS sprinted to the kitchen when they heard rock music. Julie and Lee were the only ones to know where it was coming from.

"What's that?" Carlos was the first to ask. Lee resisted the urge to say 'ghosts' but knew that either Julie or Ray would scold her.

Julie stood up from the table, "We must have left the stereo on in the garage. We should go turn it off." Both girls ran out back, Lee following Julie, and Julie ready to use Lee's ability to touch ghosts to beat the three up.

When they walked in, Lee bobbed her head to the music. They were really good. She remembered Julie mention they were a band on their way to the house earlier.

       "Guys! Guys, stop!" Julie yelled over the music but she was ignored as everyone else in the studio jammed out. Luke noticed the girls and slowly walked to Lee and bobbed his head with her.

       "Enough! Stop! Cut it out!" The brown haired girl waved her arms around for them to stop. Reggie was the first to listen, then Alex. Luke was lost in the moment with Lee until the guys coughed loudly.

       When Luke finally paid attention to Julie she spoke with her arms crossed, "The whole neighborhood could hear you."

       "Yeah. It was loud and it was awesome." Caroline sang out the word awesome in a high pitch tone. The band smiled and laughed while Julie sighed.

       "I thought I told you to leave," Julie hissed.

       "Wait. People can hear us play?" Luke asked astonished. Reggie and Alex were also shocked and the drummer — Alex — stood up in surprise.

       "Yes! And so did my dad and my brother!" She added.

       "W-W-Wait. Wait." Alex started as the guitarists put their instruments away. "So, only you two can see us. Only you can touch us." He points to the blonde. "But everyone can hear us? I mean, what kind of ghosts are we?" He asked rhetorically.

       Luke was jumping for joy, "Who cares, man? People can hear us play!" He fist bumped his boys.

       "We might be dead, but our music isn't." That's a little dark, Reg. But I like it!

       Ray slowly opened the door and took a step in. Caroline was smiling too hard at the boys in front of her that she didn't realize until Julie greeted, "Dad!"

       "Hey." He smiled at the girls. "Just making sure you two are okay."

       "Yeah, I'm fine. We're fine. I just had to turn off the CD player." Julie is great at making excuses off the bat.

       Ray turned to his left and saw the boys' equipment, "Wait. Is this the junk that was in the loft?"

       "Junk?" Luke offendedly asked deaf ears.