CHAPTER SIX

LONG GAME

       FLYNN AND JULIE went to Mrs

FLYNN AND JULIE went to Mrs. Harrison. Caroline had other obligations for the dance team that she had to get done before school started.

Before she went to first period though, she found the girls. Based on their facial expressions alone she knew it didn't go the way they wanted.

"So..." Both girls shook their heads sadly. Julie isn't back in the music program.

At the end of the school day Lee went back home with Julie after dance practice. She needed her song and dance book. Something she remembered leaving in the garage last night.

       "Found it!" Julie raised the book in her hand up high. It was under the coffee table. Lee ran from the piano to Julie and noticed, "There's only one."

       Julie opened the book and flipped through the pages and sighed, "And it's the dance choreography one."

       "Where's my song book?" Lee sighed exasperated and fell backwards onto the couch. Both books were important because they were gifts from Rose when the girls were younger. She feels so stupid for misplacing them. Even if she just found one.

       "Here." Julie handed Caroline her book back, "Let's go check my room for your song book. Maybe you left it in there."

Lee slowly stood up from the couch and followed Julie into her house. When Julie opened the door to her room, the girls noticed Reggie laying on Julie's bed, Alex trying to pick something up from her dresser, and Luke flipping through pages of a book he found.

"What are you guys doing in my room?" Jules snapped. They made terrible excuses. Luke even suggested that they were looking for the kitchen. "This... This can't happen. It's creepy. Get off my bed please."

When Reggie got off the bed, Lee noticed something, "Is that my book?" She asked Luke who hid the leather binding behind his back and shook his head quickly, "No."

"Really? You've had Lee's book the whole time?" Julie whined at Luke. Caroline walked over to Luke and held her hand out, expecting him to give her her book back. He didn't.

Lee sighed, "Luke, can I please have my book back? How are you even holding an inanimate object right now?"

"Yeah, I'd like to know the reason for that too since I've been trying to pick things up over here for about an hour." Alex added and pointed to the things on Julie's dresser that he tried to touch.

"I—I—I don't know. Maybe it has something to do with you being able to touch us? It was the first thing I could pick up." Luke admits.

Her eyes softened and her voice grew quiet, "Well, can I have it back? It's really important to me and I need it."