CHAPTER:ONE

Gritty Sands of Solace
The journey .
©2021

No parties, no boys, no blessers and no professors their wife's will haunt you down and when they find you they will kill you and feed your body to the dogs.Every African parent warns their child in the beginning of their varsity years.

Like every child my mother warned me "stay away from your father he is capable of anything that man his a devil" those were her exact words . Her gaze mirrored on me. Her facial expression less you could tell by her words that she hated him.

I tighten my grip on my suitcase and nodded my head as I walked out. she failed.she failed to understand me once again. My subconscious whispered as I walked out of the house. Leaving my footprints on the wet polish that is marred on the ground.

"Come back with a degree Eastland village should also have a place in the map Solace " She shouted as I closed the gate gaining me a few stares from our wretched neighbors.

The one's who always gossipped behind our backs When my father left my mother when she was pregnant with me her words not mine .somehow even I learnt to live with their fake smiles. And fake sympathy but at least I won't live to see their fake faces again.

I climbed inside the Gauteng bus my heart throbbing on my throat .with fear.thousands of thoughts running through my head my mothers warning in repetition.

"Breathe Lace" I whispered settling in the front sit of the bus. To avoid being squeezed by 100 of people or even breathing the contaminated smell of armpits caused by Heat . We are forced to inhale contaminated air due to our gravel roads we only have one bus that comes and goes to Gauteng once sometimes twice a month.

"Ticket where are you off to " The bus assistant screamed signing on my ticket, quickly glancing at me with a proud grin.

The new journey to a new city awaits me, a smile etched on my face as I opened the window inhaling the dust for the last time. Watching the kids play in the mud some pretending to be mothers carrying their babies on their backs  whilst some making brrr car sounds Running around the field energetically .

Looking to the west, I watched the beautiful sunset of my village through the small bus window,fast this side drivers screaming trying to get their busses filled so that they can start the journey while the night is still young.

I slowly spread my hand after hearing the bus assistant scream let's go, I slowly waved at the sunset the dusty roads carrying the Muddy kids the bus station my school and my home, I pray to God that I return with a degree and put Eastland on the map my mothers exact words.

Beep The bus hooted as a sign of the new trip the code for me to close the window. I leaned on the window reminiscing my childhood memories. And before I forget I go by the name Solace I am 18 years old free from my high school I completely from an isolated village in the east.this is my story.

____

Sibiya

"Did you ever love me sibiya, look at us right look " She shoved my shoulder with her long nails slightly digging my skin.

"I di..... " Shut up she interrupted "save me the crap, all you say is I love you when will you live up to your promises, sibiya we losing everything, our years of hardwork sibiya everything is slowly leaving us "Tears streamed down her cheeks "sh sh" I whispered trying to wipe of her tears but she wasn't having it.

Thats one thing i hate, when your rich woman dont love you they love materialistic things. It also explains why my wife Is broken more than me.

"I tried didn't I " I shrugged my shoulders.

"You ruined us sibiya, 19years ago you were focused on woman impreginating woman instead of looking for other businesses to buy look at us now reaping the pain of your labour. She screamed.

" I am tired Yvonne stop bringing up my damm past!,that happened 19years ago we were not married Yvonne, 'looking for new business right 'u say why didn't you instead of spending my hard earned money on weaves and dust start a business. Or buy one I raised my hands in annoyance.

"I am housewife thanks to you she retored " Rolling her eyes and flexing her hands on her hips with attitude.

"Housewife I mimicked with mock, where are your kids huh where are they ?.let me remind you one ran away when she fell pregnant ,the other ran away when we arranged a marriage for her marriage that could've saved us from this mishap. One is busy drinking his soul away in a bar one gambling our last cents one stroking professors instead of studying and doing something useful with her life . You played no role. Woman I hollered

" Is the how feel "she whispered more like sliting my heart with a sword, her whispers still break my heart including her tears.all those years I lived to make her happy. I even forgot about my happiness the tears I see today were never the.Tears never ran down her cheecks she lived like a queen on thousand of roses.

One mistake led us all to this undying misery, henceforth my rose will never dry my queen will never complain, I alarmed my subconscious rage slowly drumming a beat, malachai my business raval the one who snatched Away my business will pay. My rage will drum a beat that no one in this world will ever dare to look a footsteps.

Remember to 🗳️🗳️v🗳️️️🗳o️🗳️🗳️t🗳️🗳e🗳️ ,comment and share
#yandi
Thank you for reading📖️