Beads

A/N: My brain won't shut up about this plot and so I wrote it to get it out of my system hahaha. Hope you guys enjoy <3

TRIGGER WARNINGS: There is su*c*de* in this chapter. I've put a line break to where it starts please proceed with caution.

____________

"I've had enough of you, King!" Kindaichi shouted as he walked up angrily to Tobio.

"Do you even want to win?!" Tobio retorted, "You could've gotten that ball! I sent the ball there for a reason!" Because I know you can do it.

"And I'm telling you I can't! Your tosses are too high and too fast for anyone – even the spikers to get there!" Kindaichi shouted as he grabbed Tobio by the shirt. The rest of the volleyball club made no move to stop the middle blocker.

"You're too self-centered, egocentric, you're no team player."

Kindaichi released Tobio and walked away.

(Wait, I'm sorry please don't go.)

...

The news about the fight yesterday started to spread.

And that was when hell for Tobio started.

Of course, the students took Kindaichi's – the volleyball club's side. Why would they even think of taking Tobio's side? The tyrannical, egocentric King?

At first, it was just mild – just stares and whispers. But then things started to escalate; people purposefully bumping into him, missing things, people avoiding and isolating him.

Tobio ignored it. He does not have the time to think about these people. He needs to train more, to be better. If his team decided they can't be better, then Tobio would pick up the slack. For the sake of winning.

But of course, the universe decided it needs to take a shit and decided that Tobio was a toilet. The students grew more aggressive with him. People he has not met before, people he has never interacted with before started to turn it up a notch.

"Give it back!" Tobio snarled as two people held him back, each taking an arm.

"Oh, is this shabby thing the King's treasure?" Another mocked and spun a bracelet with his finger.

"I said give it back!" Tobio tried to shake off the people holding him but it only served for them to tighten their hold.

The bracelet was his last memento from his deceased grandfather. It was a bracelet with glassy, marble-like beads; the type that would reflect light. The bracelet had clear ocean blue beads with a single bead that has the same color as Tobio's eyes. It was something he got after a particularly bad nightmare.

"It's okay, Tobio. Grandpa is here," Kazuyo-san said softly as he rubbed soothing circles on young Tobio's back.

"The- they're here... they came to take me back..!"

"Tobio, dear look at me. Your mother and father are locked up now. They won't be able to harm you anymore."

Tobio buried his head at the crook of his grandfather's neck. Kazuyo-san hummed and Tobio heard some shuffling. Curious, Tobio raised his head and was met with his grandfather's kind face.

"Here take this," Kazuyo-san said and handed Tobio a bracelet, "This is a magic bracelet, I got it from a man wearing a black suit-"

"But grandpa, you taught me not to take something from strangers."

Kazuyo-san chuckled and ruffled Tobio's hair, "Don't follow your grandpa's bad example," Tobio giggled, "This bracelet should help with your nightmares."