003 chancellor of earth

CHAPTER THREE
( chancellor of earth )

CHAPTER THREE( chancellor of earth )

SEPT 13, 2149
DAY ONE ON THE GROUND

WHAT A WONDERFUL
WORLD ━━━
LOUIS ARMSTRONG

" i see trees of green,
red roses too. "

"AH, COOL, A MAP." Jasper grinned, waltzing casually up behind Clarke and Wells at the landing sight; peering over their shoulders at the chart laid out on the open door of the drop ship.

"Corny joke in 3, 2, 1......" Dakota whispered to Monty, the two standing a little ways behind their friend as they watched his interaction.

"They got a bar in this town? I'll buy you a beer." he couldn't even finish his own sentence without chuckling, his smile soon dissipating and being replaced with a muddled frown when Wells grabbed onto his shoulders and forcefully began backing him away from Clarke.

"You mind?" Wells callously asked, though it came off like more of a command than a question.

"Woah."

Before Monty or Dakota could even attempt to step in, a warning voice was coming from their right; everyone turning their heads to view the light-skinned boy with slicked back, mocha-hued hair sauntering up to them with a small pack of guys following behind him.

"Hey, hey, hey! Hands off of him, he's with us."

Fleeting glances were made from many of the boys- including the one who had interjected- towards Clarke and Dakota, their suggestive eyes hastily scanning their bodies as if they were meals in need of devouring. Clarke seemed to be entirely unbothered by this, her mind occupied elsewhere while Dakota meekly shrunk back a little; retreating to stand slightly behind Monty and Jasper, who didn't notice her actions. But the second the short-lived stares has ceased, she regained her confidence and shooed away the feeling of discomfort; wishing to give the boys the benefit of the doubt- the criminal boys.

"Relax." Wells lamely lifted his hands in surrender, glancing back to Clarke before carrying on.

"We're just trying to figure out where we are."

"We're on the ground. That not good enough for you?" a familiar voice countered, Dakota turning to see Octavia and Bellamy standing side by side; addressing the boy.

"We need to find Mount Weather." Wells announced, Clarke following behind him as he advanced over to the Blake siblings; everyone automatically moving closer together as they attentively listened to the conversation.