stakeholders in curriculum implementation

• Venované all hard working in their study

Who among the following plays a significant role in a school?

•Students?

•Teachers?

•Principals?

•Parents

•Community

•DEPED?

The Roles of Stakeholders in Curriculum Implementation?

1.Learners

“ Learners or students are the very reason why schools exists. It is the schools’ responsibility to further develop the learners knowledge, skills, talents and attitude to face the different situations in life.

-Monique

•The learner is the center of curriculum.

• The learners are the very reason a curriculum is developed.

•They are the ones who are directly influenced by it.

• Learners in all levels make or unmake the curriculum by their active and direct involvement.

2. Teachers as Curriculum Developers and Implementers

•A teacher is a curriculum maker. He writes a curriculum daily through lesson plan, unit plan or a yearly plan. Teachers are empowered to develop their own curricula taking into consideration their own expertise, the context of the school and the abilities of the learners. By doing this, teacher become architects of school curriculum.

•A developed curriculum remains inactive, if it is not implemented. At this point, teachers role shifts from a developer to an implementer. Doing here implies guiding, facilitating and directing activities will be done by the students.

•” The teachers role as an implementer is very crucial. Because unsuccessful implementation of the curriculum becomes the root of the educational problem is the teacher.

3.Curriculum Managers and Administrators

•School principals one of their functions is being a curriculum manager. They supervise curriculum implementation, select and recruit new teachers, admit students, procure equipment and materials needed for effective learning.

4.Parents as Supporters to the Curriculum

•Parents voices are very loud and clear. In our country, it is general fact that even in college the parents are responsible for their childs education. The success of a curricula would somehow depend on their support.

How do parents shape the curriculum and why are they consider as stakeholders?

1. Effective parental involvement in school affairs may be linked to parent educational programs which is central to high quality educational experiences of the children.

2.The parents involvement extends from the confine of the school to the homes.

3. In most schools thae Parent Association is organized.

5. Community Members as Curriculum Resources

•The community members and materials in the existing local community can be very well substitute for what are needed to implement the curriculum.

6. Other Stakeholders in Curriculum Implementation.

•There are Professional Organization that have shown great influences in school curriculum like teachers organization, lawyers organization, and many others.