Miss Zurimira Parker

It all starts 10 years ago, a little girl moved away from Skiathos - An Greek island not known to many. She couldn't speak any English but gradually learned by reading books and speaking to classmates of her school in Blistlemerry . Zurimira Parker was an odd character. She was quite shy but equally had brilliant confidence that people were gob smacked by.
She often enjoyed being around nature. The butterfly garden was a place she'd always be or she'd be in the greenhouse out back, growing all sorts of herbs and plants with her notebook full of remedy's at only the age of 5. She loved figuring out all the different potions and aspired to be a herboligist.
One day her eyes were no longer a smiling bronze and became a frowning bronze, they were gone. Disappeared into the night. Her parents ran, she knew they wouldn't come back for her and it broke her slowly. She didn't cry about it however, she stayed silent ; Zuri was afraid deep down yet she just remained a ghost. For she'd be known as The fántasma in a few years to come.

Athena was fair skinned with a tint of olive and her father Hoax was brown skinned. So Zuri had the complexion of a toffee sweet, warm and seraphic.
Her father was never a father, he was up to pillages and mischievous pranks. He worked in the entertainment industry for a couple of years as a jester for the rich in but then gave up as he did not achieve his comedic dreams, then he became a monstrous man that people were disgusted by. Society had ruined his dreams utterly. He was no longer the guy who shared jokes that made people cry with laughter but the the guy who was the joke that people laughed at.
Him, his wife and child had been done dirty by the wealthiest. He wanted some kind of revenge.
Her mother Athena on the other hand had secrets galore, she needed help but never reached out. She knew what Zuri would eventually found out about herself at 11 and wanted to run from it because she knew this generations bloodline would be killed in a instant if they knew... She wanted to run as far as possible: which may be the reason for her abandoning her only daughter.

Zurimira rationed the last loafs of bread in the cupboard and ate the herbs that she knew were safe to consume, a 5 year old knew how to handle abandonment. Perhaps maybe she knew she had to grow up, partly because of her parents neglecting her from the age of 2.
There'd be days where she felt dark inside and slightly hurt that they left her, there was nobody to turn to, but herself.
Months went by... then she was evicted from her home, the council of Blistlemerry East did not give one blink to the small girl with a basket of nearly nothing sitting on the doorstep so they put the cottage up for sale, it was worth 300 dimes. Zurimira Parker was now a vagrant of the system. She could only pray that someone with money would take her in and care for her as their own.
6 years on, she still lived astray - living on the streets, scraping what she could. It was difficult of course but Zurimira learned to survive. Meaning had to steal.

"Áse me! Áse me!" (let go of me!) She yelled in the busy street. An old man grabbed her arm aguishly with a piece of wood between his teeth.
"What are you saying little girl?" He spat. Zuri had an instinctive feeling that he'd try to sell her on the black market or make her be his servant and she did not want that ever again. Those days of hunger, punishment and torture still haunted her, she escaped it surprisingly (it wasn't easy). He tugged her dress nearly ripping a corner of it, he was desperate for a couple of dimes and was willing to put Zuri through the worst just for it. She pushed him away with all her power but still he lingered, 10 minutes after and he still wouldn't leave.
"Be a nice girl and come with me will you?" He winked with a grim look on his face.
"Get your filthy. Hands. Off me!" She shoved him with every bit of strength she had, her body wasn't the strongest due to the undernourishment and lack of sleep. She was sick of this man following her and knew what type of man he was. He sold girls for auctions, as escorts without them agreeing to it at all ; he was selfish and didn't care that the girls he had sold were: fragile, had nothing, searched for happiness their whole entire life for what? For him to trick them into becoming puppets for greedy old men that needed their needs fulfilled? that really infuriated Zuri so she didn't flinch to murder him while people walked by.
"Eínai éna asteío kai den échete to paramikró kaló se sas." She spoke under her breath then to turn around abruptly unleashing her blade. He froze in shock but she wasn't shocked in any shape or form. The blade carved the skin of his skull, making a thick slit. The skin peeled off left from right, you could see the vessels outlining his pig-like facial features.
People screamed, cried, fell to their knees and Zurimira enjoyed the cries for help that drooled from his mouth. In fact it made her giggle.
"I have family... I have-" He stopped talking as the front of his lips had nearly fallen off and Zurimira didn't want to hear his last words. Her brows raised.
"Pathetic bitch... Under the supervision of me I pronounce you dead in the eyes of an Greek enchantress of blood, nature and Precognition! " She stomped as the skies of Blistlemerry turned grey and raged. Strikes of lightning circled Zurimira with her  bleeding fingertips.
Like I said she had brilliant confidence.

She ran into the shadows of a alley and sat in the puddle trying to make sense of what she'd done with blood trailing off her little hands. She didn't know who she was anymore and it was getting to her. She questioned herself on how she knew he sold girls for certain things without knowing a thing about him and couldn't understand the powers she preformed neither the spell she recited. Something told her it was
a cessation spell.
She remembered something her father told her, a person with smudged jester make up on his face covered in bruises and a smell of ashes.
"You are invincible my child, mark my words. You will see Zurimira..." he said that with his noticeable chuckle smoking a pipe, while she read her book by the fire.
Out of Hoax Parker and Athena Doukas, Hoax was the one who truly thought the world of Zurimira .
He wanted the best life for his daughter and tried to make it an reality with all he could, the unfortunate truth about it all is that Hoax Parker got into a evil lifestyle along with his efforts, and couldn't leave it.
He knew Athena had a bloodline of witches that would soon be passed on to his child and knew the extreme lengths the headsmen of the city would go to just to kill her/him all knowing that two still lived on.

He loved Athena, they were young when they met and instantly fell for one another.
Athena - A Greek teen that he met on a vacation away from Blistlemerry East, was the ultimate love of his life ; Athena showed Hoax her sorcery and prognostication that not many knew she could do and him as an naive 18 year old boy from a place overseas was amazed by her powers and would do anything for her.

BACK TO ELEVEN YEAROLD ZURIMIRA :7

As she sat leaned against the wall a man dressed in a impeccable suit with a large top hat warmly smiled, stood in front of her. She listened to her thoughts, soon finding out this man was good and would take her in. She saw him and her in the future like father and daughter so she got up from the ground offering a handshake.
"I couldn't help but spot what you did to that brute...It was uh rather gory must I say." The man took off his hat in respect for young Zurimira. He wore a large eyepatch on his right and oversized black glasses.
"He was evil..." She blurted out wiping the blood with a dusty handkerchief. The man was shocked that this small girl had no remorse.
"Couldn't you of killed him without peeling the skin off his skull? Would've been much better for the audience." He laughed to himself. Zuri laughed at herself.
"I probably should have. What is your name?"
"Call me Duke Medwig Of Hansley or Mr Medwig please." He spoke formally, you could guess he was successful in his business with a name of such high-class like that.
"I am Zurimira. I don't like evil people, I will kill all bad people if needs to be," She bowed down underlining her values.
"Good on you Zurimira! Now do come with me to Hansley Manor, I will take care of you for now on. I believe you have been blessed with a talent that hardly any human has and I want to protect it from being taken away from you as it is too wonderful in this world, to just take away." He held out his hand hoping Zurimira would trust him to keep her safe.
She took his hand trusting his every word, she didn't have to worry about certain things anymore if she took his hand. She was safe. Distant from her worst nightmares. Zuri was no longer a vagrant from that day onwards, and found home but still her past sat at the far end of her thoughts...

To be continued.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4xem6jhvtIV8L2bqBgtLNQ?si=yJg-YJiYQtK6D8AxiUQScw
Playlist based on Zurimira <3
Thank you for reading x