Chapter 1, middle school

-Hinata's pov-
today is our match with the "king", i despise him so much, i will defeat him! i can count on my teammates!

i went to yukitaka and koji and asked if they can toss to me, unfortunately none wanted to, i ended up practicing off the wall and spiking it from then, failing.

After a few hours of practicing, the pain in my legs was too much for me to handle, i ended up falling onto the ground panting.

-Kageyama's Pov-

it's our match with Yukigaoka today, it's not that big of a deal. After all, my teammates are much better than theirs.
We ended up practicing for about 6 hours, our school cancelled out classes for the volleyball club. i nearly lost my voice after that screaming at Kindachi and Kunimi, they never improved.

-third person pov-
after 2 hours, both teams met and got ready, hinata took one glare at Kageyama

"there he is, the "king".." he mumbled sarcastically.

Everyone lined up and assembled in their own way.

-Hinata's pov-

The king's team was serving first, The ball came into our side of the court as if it's working on engine. Lightspeed. It was my luck today that i received it successfully, it went to yukitaka, the setter, he sets it to me and i jumped. I could see the other side of the net.
Kageyama looked at me and didn't show emotion. But i could still tell he was surprised by his eyes. As the toss came to me, i was about to hit it, but.. my hand wouldn't be fast enough... And i missed it. the other team came laughing.

After the match, our team lost, i could see why but it was still really disappointing. I met with the king, he was really tall in a closer perspective, but that's not the point!

"WHERE WERE YOU IN THE PAST 3 YEARS? WHAT WERE YOU DOING?" He yelled at me,

i stared into his eyes, i was trying to say something back but.. nothing came out..

a second before he left.. "I-I WILL DEFEAT YOU NEXT TIME! KAGEYAMA, YOU WILL SEE, MY NAME IS HINATA SHOYO! AND YOU WILL SEE ME LATER ON LOOKING UP TO ME!" I saved myself.

That was the last time i saw him..