1. And Then 2021

Maybe someday the sun would rise for us, and maybe someday all the fears would be drowned by our dreams. Maybe someday I'd be able to confidently say to myself, and say to those around me that I'm more than what people have always thought I was. And maybe someday I would be able to escape this godforsaken town that keeps tearing me back into the cycle that I'm desperate to escape. Maybe I'll be worth something. Sometime, when I'm older and I can joke about the pain that I go through now with people that truly care for me, I'll realize the need for these thoughts that storm through my brain like a hurricane. I'll eventually understand why my mind thinks so little of myself simply because of an issue out of my control. But eventually is not now, and eventually isn't anytime soon, but I need eventually hurry up and get here before I choose that it's not worth it anymore. Before I hurt people around me because of an intrusive thought that doesn't understand what personal space is. It loves to get as close to me as possible and breathe the oxygen that I breathe. It can't wait to stop my focus and shift it to itself. It begs and pleads me for help, just to cut me down and tear me up. But until that day I'll stay where I am. I'll stay for what I am. I'll be myself in hopes of it getting better because you can only hit the ground so many times before you bounce back up to the sky. So, to hope to understand, I'll keep saying; maybe someday the sun would rise for us.