Ski accident

It was getting colder the longer I stood around. But I couldn't find my sister and our group.
My ski boots came off my skis and I had to bend to put it back in again. A work of a few seconds, but when I stood back up, no one was around.
We went uphill, the biggest hill around here if I’m not mistaken. The fact that it was my first time ever on a skitour, I was  doing quite well. So my sister said.
The amount of me crashing down or into people was below the average, she said. Even though it happened a few times, I was one of the best.
When you go skiing, you'll see different colored slopes - blue, red or black which represent the difficulty degrees for beginners, intermediates and advanced.
Depending on where you are on holiday's, the colors might change as well. Sometimes you’ll see green, yellow, orange, blue/red or red/black etc. which just indicate the slope of the mountains, how steep they are and whether they were prepared for skiers or not.
That being said, me as a beginner was only allowed to go further than the blue slope when my sister or one of the boys were around.
But looking around now, I couldn’t see one soul.
Where the hell are all the people?
I was wearing my full ski outfit with those thick gloves, full suit,  helmet, mask and goggles. The goggles did a great job not letting the snow get near my face and eyes, but even then I couldn't see properly. The snow got stronger and the wind made it even worse.
'When one of us goes missing, just stay where you are. Move a bit, so you wouldn’t irritate others on their way but don’t go too far. The others will realize it eventually and go back the same way we went on. Understand?'
'Yes ma’am!'
I still can  hear everybody’s laughter after approving of my sister’s advice. Turning my head and looking around and going further away from the slope, I started seeing a few people around me. But didn’t recognize any of them. An older man rushes past my right side down the red slope at a murderous speed. On his way down he put on his mask.
Wow.. if i would do that, I wouldn’t survive!
'Of course you wouldn't, you’re a beginner, he’s not, silly.'
Trying to call my sister’s name a few times, I realized it won’t do any good. The snow just swallows every sound making it impossible to talk or listen. I waited and waited, but nothing happened.
After a while I couldn’t withstand the cold. When I turned and attempted to go in the direction of the blue slope, I saw a tall figure behind me rushing past me. I saw his dark blue skis and poles and knew instantly it was Mark. I was so happy seeing him. He was one of our best skiers in the group.
If he’s here, the others won’t be too far away.
Now, in my defense. As a beginner, I couldn’t know that the edges of the slopes wouldn’t be seen at the advanced slopes. I thought all slopes had that ‘start’ place and not ‘you can get on that slope from wherever you are or want’ one. How would I know? Especially in a situation like this. I just saw Mark, I knew he’s the only one around me and I’m literally lost.
So, what would everybody in my place do?
Exactly. Follow him.
So, I did.
I heard commotion behind me but didn’t have the time to turn around. ‘Cause what I saw next made my blood freeze, but it was too late to stop.
Mark went on the black slope. And as I couldn’t see the edge and couldn’t stop on time, I followed him down.
On my own.
Without anyone's knowledge.
As a beginner.
My brain stopped working for exactly 2 seconds, but it felt like a lifetime. When I hit the first hump, I almost lost my balance but started getting my shit together fast. I was terrified! Everything I learned in class about skiing came into my mind.
'If you are too fast, just put the front of your skis together as if forming the letter V.'
'If you can’t or won’t slow down but need to stop, fall on your side, it’ll break your speed and make you stop eventually.'
'Make sure not to let your poles get tangled up with your body while falling or you’re gonna hurt yourself.'
'And most importantly: Make sure to either let your skis on your boots, so they won’t slide down on their own without you. Or, if you’re not sliding but rolling down the mountain, then make sure to take the skis off, otherwise they’ll hurt you or even break something.'
In a matter of a few seconds, I remembered every important step. Thanking the heavens for my disciplined way of working out ever two to three days, I concentrated on sliding up and down on the humps step by step, making use of those muscles. Mark was already around the corner far down and I just reached the first quarter of my way down.
'Come on. Either slow down or break the speed.
Move it, girl!'
I should’ve slowed down and then broken my fall. But in my hurry, I couldn’t think clearly.
So, I let myself fall on my right side.
Crashing down on my shoulder my body first slid, but then started rolling down the hill. I lost my poles and couldn’t see anything.
My vision was full of snow. The icy humps dug painfully into my body. My breathing got so fast and adrenaline kicked in.
I tried to turn myself on my back but a painful pressure on my spine stopped me. Still rolling downhill, I grabbed at my back only to find one of my skis digging its way through my thick jacket. Holding it next to me, I turned on my back and kept sliding down at a terrifying speed.
Suddenly, two people, one on each side of me, emerged from behind and slid down next to me. When I looked to the right, I saw Alina.
“I can’t stop!” My voice came out distant. As if it wasn’t mine. But paying close attention, one could hear the growing panic in it. With the next hump, I couldn’t hold onto my skis and it slid downhill on its own at a fast pace.
“Alinaaa!” I kicked my boots into the snow to stop, but it didn’t work. I saw Alina getting faster and sliding closer to my ski.
Please let her catch it!
On my left was one of the boys. I couldn’t make out which one but what I could see clearly was him coming closer, trying to help me stop. If he’d touch me once, I knew I’d make him crash as well and we both would hurt each other.
“Don’t!”
Not able to hold my balance anymore, I started sliding sideways again. I felt my muscles straining.
When Alina went downhill, another one of the boys took her place on my right. I wasn’t alone anymore, but they couldn’t get me to stop. Fear made my reflexes and brain slow.
The edge of the hill, where Mark went around the corner without any care in the world earlier, was coming closer now.
In a last attempt of stopping myself, I turned on my stomach, feet facing downhill, and clawed my fingers into the snow.
At least, I tried.
Because of my thick gloves, that didn’t go so well.
Next thing I knew, the next hump made my body jump a little and I came down on the hard ground with a painful thud.