Chapter One - What Happened

"I suppose he really has gone, Dumbledore?"

"It certainly seems so."

"The owls are nothing next to the rumors that are flying around. You know what everyone's saying? About why he's disappeared? About what finally stopped him? What they're saying, is that last night Voldemort turned up in Godric's Hollow. He went to find the Potters. The rumor is that Lily and James Potter are -- are -- that they're -- dead."

"It's -- it's true? After all he's done... all the people he's killed... he couldn't kill a little boy? It's just astounding... of all the things to stop him... but how in the name of heaven did Harry survive?"

"We can only guess, We may never know."

"I've come to bring Harry to his aunt and uncle. They're the only family he has left now."

"You don't mean -- you can't mean the people who live here? Dumbledore -- you can't. I've been watching them all day. You couldn't find two people who are less like us. And they've got this son -- I saw him kicking his mother all the way up the street, screaming for sweets. Harry Potter come and live here!"

"It's the best place for him, His aunt and uncle will be able to explain everything to him when he's older. I've written them a letter."

"A letter? Really, Dumbledore, you think you can explain all this in a letter? These people will never understand him! He'll be famous -- a legend -- I wouldn't be surprised if today was known as Harry Potter day in the future -- there will be books written about Harry -- every child in our world will know his name!"

"Exactly, It would be enough to turn any boy's head. Famous before he can walk and talk! Famous for something he won't even remember! Can't you see how much better off he'll be, growing up away from all that until he's ready to take it? The poor Annabelle is also going to suffer from this, all we can do is hope she'll be strong to deal with all this."

"Annabelle? You surely can't be talking of the Interfector child, What would she have to do with this?"

"Is good that the rumors don't involve her. Voldemort was in the Interfector Manor when he was informed of the Potter's location."

"What could he possibly be doing there? It's common knowledge that he wanted to recruit the Interfectors, but it is also vastly known their disapproval of his actions."

"Exactly, Voldemort's last effort to recruit the Interfector family was submitting little Annabelle to the Cruciatus Curse,"

"Is she alive?"

"She is in full health, but a mark was left. A strand of her hair became of a white, transparent tone."

"Is that where -?"

"Yes, He'll have that scar forever. They both will."

"Good luck, Harry,"