Chapter One

A/N: Soo, I was going to take a break from writing, but I couldn't resist. Here's the first chapter of the sequel to Complicated! If you haven't read the first book, I suggest you do that before reading this. If you are coming over from Complicated, I thank you all for sticking with this series, it means a lot to me! So, here's the first chapter!

!#$%^

"Samantha." A voice spoke, trying to drag me out of my sleep. I turned away from the sound, pulling the covers up and over my head. Couldn't people just leave me to my sleep? Seriously...

"Sammie Darling, I think you've slept enough," They spoke again, and I groaned, shifting my body so that I was curled into a ball.

"Alright then..." They said, and I heard footsteps fading away. Thank God... I snuggled into my covers, falling back asleep in minutes. I was having a very odd dream about rainbows and frogs, when something very cold and very wet hit my face, and I bolted upright.

I let out a frustrated scream, opening my eyes to find the person responsible. I fumed at the sight of the man who had done this, and shook my head.

Tony Stark.

Of course that's who it was. Who else would actually pour water on my head while I was trying to sleep? I wiped the water out of my blue eyes, and wrung my hair in my hands. I was soaking wet, all because of freaking Tony.

"What the hell, Tony?" I yelled, getting up out of the wet bed. I brushed past him and headed for the kitchen, with Stark right on my heels.

Yes, I lived in Tony Stark's Tower, as well as the rest of the Avengers. Director Fury thought that it would be best if all of the Avengers were together, just in case of any emergencies. At first I didn't mind, but in times like these, I wished that I had a house all to myself.

"It's three o'clock, Samantha. I mean, I know you need your beauty rest and all, but that's just a little late, sunshine," He said.

I muttered several curses under my breath, before searching through his cabinets for something to eat.

"Are there any poptarts in this establishment?" I mumbled, and startled when someone other than Tony answered.

"In the second cabinet to the left, Miss Barton," A male voice said, leading me to a gorgeous pack of strawberry poptarts.

"Thank you JARVIS," I spoke to the automated voice of Tony's AI, before digging in. Tony sat down next to me, and tried to pry away the case of sweets in my hand. My hand shot out and grabbed his wrist, twisting it just enough for him to wince. I let go, and then continued to eat the treat.

I guess my training could come in handy; who knew that all those training sessions with my brother and Natasha could protect my lovely sweet strawberry poptarts?

Tony sighed, and shook his head. Just then, Steve walked into the room, heading to where we sat. He raised his eyebrows at my wet hair, but I shot a pointed glare in Tony's direction, and Steve understood. Tony looked over at Steve, and then back to me.

"Hey Cap'? Mind helping a man out?" He asked, pointing a finger at me. I raised my eyes from my poptarts, and watched as Steve walked over to me. I shot out of my chair, holding the box of poptarts behind me.

"No. They're mine, and you can't take them!" I said, backing away from him. I was about to sprint away, when I felt a pair of hands rip the poptarts out from my hands.

I whipped around, only to come face to face with my brother, Clint. He held up the box and gave me a questioning stare.

"What? It's strawberry!" I said, before walking over to a nearby couch, sinking into the cushions. Tony, Steve, and my brother all followed me, Tony sitting beside me, and Clint and Steve standing across from me.