𝖔𝖓𝖊.

━━━━━━━━━━ ♯ ━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━  ━━━━━━━━━━

𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐘 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐒 𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐊𝐈𝐘𝐀'𝐒 parted lips from behind the counter of the convenience store. she was hunched over, leaning against the table top for support. her clothed arms dug uncomfortably into the edges of the counter. 

her eyes were closed, long black lashes extending from her eyelids and curled upward then outwards, brushing against her eyelids. lucky for kiya, the store was just about empty, so no one would bare witness to her internal breakdown.

"shit... not again. why couldn't you wait until i got home?" she whispered to herself. a sharp pain stabbed her side, and her eyes only clenched down even harder in an attempt to not groan loudly in pain. a gravelly, demonic voice made itself known, speaking in her head.

"you seem to forget, little girl. i own you. we have a deal, and a deal isn't a deal if i don't get something in exchange... that wouldn't be fair now would it?"

kiya's eyes snapped upwards when she noticed a body emerge from the jungle of aisles ahead of her. the young woman was caught off guard because she believed that there was nobody here. still, she put all her strength to stand up straight and look normal as if she wasn't in increasing discomfort.

as the figure grew closer, she noticed they had a hoodie on their head that obscured most of their face. paired with a large, dark colored denim jacket she could see the tufts of black hair sticking out from underneath the hood and falling across their forehead. they donned black jeans that were ripped at the knees and black boots that appeared to be doc martens.

kiya mentally prepared herself to go into store clerk mode and pushed that toxic voice out of her mind for now, and got ready to ring up his items.

but he never came to the counter. in fact his hands looked empty, and they were stuffed in his pockets.

as he was heading towards the exit, the brown skinned girl was about to call out to gain his attention but the man stopped in his tracks on his own. kiya quirked her eyebrow in confusion when he turned his head halfway around to look at her. what she saw caused her to let out a soft gasp.

this man's eyes were an astonishingly bright, azure color that stood out against the rest of his dully colored facial features. she couldn't see the rest of his face from this distance, but his eyes stood out enough from where she stood and they were captivating. when her gaze locked with his, she felt a foreign, chilling feeling erupt within her and goosebumps danced on her skin. there was definitely something off about this man and it began to make kiya feel nauseous the harder to she tried figuring out what it was.