The start of my dull life

Hi! I'm Katie Bobs and I am an orphan.My life was dull and boring until 4 months ago. Let me tell you I bit about how my life became dull.

One October, The worst October, my parents had to go to Ireland. They left me at my mum's second cousin's house and they told me that I had to live with her until they returned. In addition to that, they said that I have to call her 'Aunt' Polly(I would rather call her Mrs Wren but I didn't had the guts to deny my parents).But unfortunately, they died in a  plane crash and I nearly cried to death. I was shocked to see that Aunt Polly hadn't even comforted me or felt sorry!

After a week of that awful news, Aunt Polly called me in her study. I went to the door and knocked, "Enter" she said in her feeble voice. I entered and hung my head low and waited for her to speak. She started with a fake cough, "Hem Hem. Err, Katie I am sorry to say but you can't attend your parent's funeral." To me she was not at all sorry! I nodded in agreement and began to leave but she stopped me. "That's not all."

I walked back to where I stood. She countinued, "So as I was saying you can't attend your parent's funeral, they will be buried in Ireland and your relatives living there will clear 'em up." I felt angry because of '' clear 'em up".
"Okay", I muttered bitterly.

She carried on, "Now I regret doing it but I made a promise with your parents. It was to take care of you if they didn't return which they felt certain was likely."
"You will go to a free school, fifteen minutes walk from here. But listen girl,(her voice hardened) I DO NOT feed children for free. So you will have to do some home chores."

"Like what?", I asked. "Like mopping, cleaning, dusting and sometimes cooking", she replied. "What?", I asked confused.

"You heard right!", was the answer. I stomped my feet on the marble floor and made my way to the door. I was just going when she said the last thing.

"I would prefer if you changed your name to Katie Wren, it would avoid awkward questions."

I went to my room(thank God it was big). I layed down on my bed and thought how my perfect, normal life became slave-like. I cried in my pillow and when sleep got me, I do not know of!

Hello, this was the first part of my first written book. I hope you liked it as I don't know how is it from an outsider's view. Please comment your opinion about how was it and what you think will happen next. I request you to comment, I know it will improve me a lot. Do not hate me as this is only the beginning. I promise you all that I will soon post the next part. If you want to change the title, do let me know. Have a great day!!💞💖💖