1

I threw my alarm as it beeped ruining my beauty sleep. I woke up and got dressed for school. I wore my grey loose top and black jeans pairing them with black boots. I let my straight brown hair flow down till my elbows. Last month my mother finally allowed me to color my hair streaks blond for my 18th birthday. Flipping them behind my shoulder and grabbing my bag for school, I walked down the stairs.

I'm Katy, a regular teen, no sorry, a regular adult (gotta get used to it now) about to graduate Queen Elizabeth High School from a small town Carmarthen, Wales, in a few months. I can't wait to move to USA and live my life my way. Well I am doing it now as well, but you know, without parents. Surprisingly they are ready to send me half way across the world. I even looked up for scholarship courses and stuff. Berkeley is my dream college hope I make it. We submitted our applications way back. And by we I mean me and Kevin. I'll definitely miss my parents. I love them so much.

They are actually not my parents but they took me in since I was born. My real parents died in a car crash leaving me the only one alive. But I never really got upset when they broke this to me 4 years back. I don't care, it's not the blood relation that matters, the people you love is your real family.

"Finally! Don't you hear me screaming? I'm sure the neighbours kids have become more disciplined with my contant scolding." Mom shouted as I grabbed the cereal bowl she prepared for me.

"Relax mom, Kevin's coming to pick me up. I'm not walking today." I said checking my phone.

"Ooh Kevin." She teased me. He's just a best friend and she doesn't get it. I simply rolled my eyes.

"Pass me my cereal." My dad said as he walked down in his full office attire turning on the TV for news. I did as he told. He placed his briefcase on the coffee table and sat on the couch with his bowl. He works as an Economics professor at the University of Wales.

"Dad, are we going to the shooting range this weekend?" I asked dad. We are a bit of an adventure duo. We go for boxing, wrestling, trekking, shooting and what not. It's fun to have him in my life.

"Yeah definitely." He said then turned the volume of the tv up.

'The Princess of England, Amelia, was scheduled to get crowned this month but we have been sensing some insider pressure of being someone else in the line of the crown. That's right people, Prince of England, George IV, the son of Prince William, the king's brother has stated that 'even though he was the younger brother, his son is oldest in the next generation. He deserves to be the King of England'." The reporter said shooting live from the Buckingham Palace.

"Ugh sounds like a lot of work being a princess." I snorted finishing my bowl and placing it in the sink. As I turned, both my parents stared at me.

"What? Oh don't worry, I love being your princess." I said and that's when I heard Kevin's car honking. "Kevin's here, love you two, byeee!" I shouted and ran out grabbing my bag and phone.

Kevin sat there in his black truck. He is my best friend in the whole world. Well I do have more but we've known each other since the second grade.

"Hey handsome." I teased sitting in the passenger seat.

"Hey... Dark stuff." He said and I just stared at him. "What?" He added.

"Nevermind." I shrugged it off.

Everyone ships us at the school, they think we're a couple making me get looks from all the bitches at the school for stealing their 'Kev-Kev' from them. Well I did had a small crush on him back in the seventh grade but since then, nothing. I knew being friends is enough, anything ahead just makes it awkward. But sometimes I still think I like him.