~Gone~

"He's in New York," Leo spoke, it meant to be a question but it came out as a statement. 

After the Pakhan explained what happened all those years ago, the room was an echo of silence. So far, what they had to keep in mind was that Malakai was a deceiver and used to getting what he wanted. 

He was a manipulator and that was what he was best at. 

So they had to use that to their advantage. 

And so Noctifer did what he was best at. 

He began to think.

And think.

Until a malignant smirk pulled at his lips. No one came into his city and threatened who he loved without a price. 

"He might've already tried to contact her. That's why it's important I get to her-," Aslan started before he was cut off by the sound of the door opening. 

A chiseled-sharp jawline and tanned skin came into view. The tall, 6'5 man's dark brown silken waves were styled perfectly with vivid light brown streaks highlighting its thickness. His lips set in a playful smirk and his light cinnamon eyes glinting as he sized up everyone in the room. 

His more than impressive build was barely contained within his gray dress shirt as his large biceps bulged and muscular body was traced through the thin material. The golden Rolex on his wrist accentuated the veins and the faint bruises on his knuckles. 

And then the badge came into view that read "detective"

Lucas's POV

You might be wondering where I've been, but if not that's cool too. 

Either way, I'm gonna tell you.

Basically, the Pakhan was like "My evil brother is going to kill my daughter and I would be absolutely honored if you could help with your awesomeness."

He didn't actually say that but close enough. 

I actually volunteered to help because I don't trust these mafia fools to keep her alive. 

I once saw a movie called "KING" and basically this loser Luca and his Italian Mafia let his girlfriend die because he was so stupid and couldn't figure out who betrayed them. THEN, he and his mafia dudes literally couldn't figure out who was leaving these cryptic clues and who the  King was WHEN IT WAS LITERALLY HANDED TO THEM. 

Stupid mafia fools. 

So here I am.

And literally, you won't believe what I found out after I snooped through Ariella's old penthouse that she didn't even tell me she moved out of. 

She's fucking dating THE Noctifer.

It was actually very simple to figure out. I asked her old neighbor where Ariella was and the old lady said that one night she saw a nice-looking guy carry her out and put her in a car. I then asked the security guard for the tapes, and I saw the license plate number. I tracked the number and saw that it was owned by a "private party" and the only one powerful and rich enough to evade the police like that would none other than Noctifer. Then, I went to the coffee shop she always goes to and asked for the tapes there and saw her with the infamous criminal.  It turns out I'm pretty famous in this part of the country because no one even hesitated to give me the tapes. I went to Noctifer's place after I told a guy that I'd put him in prison if he didn't tell me where he lived. No one answered the door and no one was inside after I opened the door.