~Bend heaven~

He went back to that park.

Day after day.

Hoping to see that blonde girl with the pigtails with dazzling green eyes and her time-stopping smile. 

He saw the ice-cream truck every so often, reminding him of his friend that seemed nowhere to be found. Like she fell off the face of the earth. He leaned against the big oak tree, as he had done that day. He hoped she'd be the one to find him, like before. 

He came every day to that park. 

Every day for five years.

He never got ice cream again. 

And eventually, the truck stopped coming, leaving him too before he could change his mind. 

So he believed that she had left him, her friend. 

She left him. 

She was gone.

And so he turned into his own nightmares, bitterness, and loneliness stabbing at his soul.

He turned into her worst fear.

And never realized it. 

~

She left. 

And I don't blame her. 

I got too comfortable. 

I fell too hard.

I love her too much.

She saw my flaws and she left.

"When we meet again, In another life maybe, it will be your turn to get me ice cream." 

I intend to stay true to that.

But it won't be in another life. 

It will be in this one. 

Did no one tell her that I don't let go that easy?

She'd have to bend heaven to keep me away.

Even then, I'd crawl up from hell. 

"The taxi driver told us the general location," Leo spoke as he walked into the room, Aslan, Lucas, Mila, and Tobias following him with guns strapped to their hips. 

My girl made sure to put the address somewhere Malakai would never think of to look at. 

We just needed confirmation. 

I'll admit, it took us longer than it should have to find it. So when I ransacked the penthouse, I breathed for the first time when I found it...in one of her many books. 

"You were the best chapter in my book."

My Lilac always has a plan.

She always told me that Malakai hated it when she read. 

That was the main reason why she did it. 

So while she bends heaven, I'm gonna crawl from hell. 

~

Ariella's POV

I was jerked awake by the echo of the door slamming. The metal vibrations of the impact shooting to the floors and rattling the metal chair I was tied to. 

Metal?

I could've sworn the door was wood. 

I might be concussed but I really thought it was wood.