Lovers in the night

(TW: Mention of s*icide, s*lf h*rm, de*th)

'You're 3 minutes late officer.' Y/N smirked, pushing away from the wall and lighting the cigarette in her lips. 'I thought I told you to stop smoking.' Yuxin said walking over and cornering her, throwing the cigarette on the floor. 'What can I say, I don't listen to you often.' She pulled her closer to her from her jacket so their noses brushed past each other. 'Can't keep yourself out of trouble either.' Yuxin rolled her eyes before leaning in and kissing her. 

'I missed that.' Y/N smiled, feeling around Yuxin's body with her hands occasionally stopping. 'It's been a while.' Yuxin sighed taking the cigarette pack out of her pocket and holding it above her head. 'Hey, they're mine.' Y/N pouted reaching out but falling short. 'They're bad for you.' Yuxin said causing Y/N to huff. 'I know but give em back.' 

She jumped up and tore them out of her hands. 'Babe.' Yuxin said sliding her hands down Y/N's waist so she could place them on her ass. 'If I stop smoking I won't fit the 'head-of-the-mafia's-daughter' vibe will I?' She smiled resting her arms on Yuxin's shoulders while she shook her head. 'How long till your law abiding friends get here?' She joked trying to cover up for the fact that she wished they didn't have to meet like this. '10ish minutes.' 

Y/N sighed and snuggled close to Yuxin. 'That's not long enough.' She whined. 'Nowhere near long enough.' Yuxin added resting her head on the smaller girl's. They stayed like that enjoying each others silence until they started to hear distance sirens wailing in the background, piercing the night time silence. Yuxin pulled away but Y/N held her tighter, burying herself in her chest. 'Babe, what's wrong?' Yuxin asked immediately taking her back into her arms. Y/N slowly shook her head and pulled away. 'Nothing, I'm fine.' Her smile may have fooled others but Yuxin could see past her front. 

'You don't have to lie to me.' She whispered holding her face not caring about the police sirens nearing them with every passing second. Y/N diverted her glossy eyes and blinked her tears away. 'I hit a dead end.' She said looking at the towering wall behind her that was home to the various people's graffiti designs. 'Literally or figuratively?' Yuxin raised an eyebrow. 'Both.' She breathed out. 'We'll get through it.' Y/N shook her head at Yuxin's words.

'You're half right. You'll get through it.' She looked up with a smile. 'You've risked enough for me.' Just as Yuxin was about to say something she cut her off with a soft kiss. 'Let me speak please.' She begged. 'You saved my life that night. That's where we started. This is where we started. This very spot. A year ago today, I was sitting there pissed out of my mind with a blade at my wrist.' She laughed. 'You convinced me not to. After that we had our little night time rendezvous. Long drives on a random road to watch the sunset and rise. Hotel rooms, forests, mountains, beaches. You name it we went there.' 

'My life isn't easy to live. You're life isn't either but somehow I think we both made it manageable for each other. I know you sure did. And for that thank you. We've had some close calls with your copper friends figuring us out but we made it work even if it meant we had to be lovers in the night and strangers in the light. It's been too hard for you and you deserve better. You deserve to be loved by someone that's better. And there's 7.8 billion people out there so there's no excuse either.' Yuxin couldn't help but stare at the girl smiling in front of her. 'We're running out of time. They're coming. Baby promise me one thing.' She said while grabbing the gun at Yuxin's waist. 'Promise me, you won't miss me too much.' She placed the gun in Yuxin's hands and aimed it at her chest. 

When she finally realised what was happening she tried to pull away but was held in place. 'I didn't work out for months for nothing.' Y/N laughed, tears streaming down her face. 'N-no. Y/N please don't do this.' Yuxin said not being able to keep her tears contained. 'It has to be done. Baby I'm sorry but it has to be done.' Her finger was now dangerously close to the trigger. 'I-I haven't got m-my permit to k-kill yet.' Yuxin stuttered barely speaking her words as she lied trying to convince Y/N to stop what she was doing.

'Inner left pocket. I'm a criminal, all it took was a hug.' She whispered. Yuxin weakened when she was caught out. 'It's okay baby.' She rested their heads together. The cars were a few corners away from the alley they were in telling Y/N that she had to hurry up. 'Xin look at me.' Y/N called out to the trembling girl. 'N-no, there has to be a way. We can do this. We've done it before. Y/N please don't do this.' Her grip loosed causing Y/N's to tighten. 'This is our way.' She looked Yuxin in the eye one last time. 'I love you.' She locked their lips for a brief moment before squeezing the trigger.

Yuxin's ears rang as she fell to her knees carrying Y/N's limp body in her arms. 'ARMED POLICE PUT YOUR HANDS WHERE WE CAN SEE THEM!' The police rushed into the alley to see Yuxin kneeling in front of a corpse with a gun in her hand. She felt hands pull her away from Y/N while helicopters shone lights down from above. She was dragged into the back of an ambulance and was checked for any wounds. She couldn't care less what they did to her. She couldn't even bring herself to cry. She overheard an officer talking to a detective. '......her first kill..... has a permit..... mafia boss daughter....... no pulse...... announced dead....... state of shock....... yes sir......' She looked around emptily and locked eyes with a nurse. 

'Does she usually look like this? She's very pale.' She asked one of the officers from her department who shook her head. 'No, the light's completely left her eyes. It's too much for her.' Yuxin felt a wave of coldness but couldn't shake. She was covered in blankets and heat packs but the icy feeling never went. She stood up ignoring everyone's calls to sit back down. She stumbled over to her body. She searched around looking for her pack of cigarettes despite being scolded by the forensics team. When she found it she smiled.

She opened it and found her lighter inside it. She got up and slowly walked out of the alleyway and down the street under the lamps, towards a bridge. She took out a cigarette and lit it after placing it between her lips. She thought back on why she had given up smoking and the time when they had driven to the middle of nowhere. They were laying down and looking at the stars when the couple had seen a shooting star. 

'Xin look a shooting star. Quick make a wi-, actually instead of that how about we make a promise instead?' 

'Okay sure what should we promise?'

'I give up cutting if you give up smoking?'

'Fair enough. Deal.'

'You won't last.'

'You underestimate me.'

'No I perfectestimate you actually. Give it a day, week, month or even a year. You'll smoke again.'

'Hmm, we'll see.'

'Guess you were right.' She felt the cigarette burn out and threw it on the floor, stepping on it as she walked off. She watched more police cars rush past her, breaking the silence again. She pulled her phone out of her pocket and flicked through her photos with Y/N. 'Man, am I bad at keeping promises.' She said locking her phone and tossing it into the river. She turned on her heel and made her way to the road and sighed. 'I'm coming baby.' She closed her eyes as she stepped out in front of an incoming lorry.

____________________

A bit late but thank you for 10K on Nirvana

Love UM~ 🖤