Chapter 1 *Dorm Drama*

Isabella's POV

-BANG- I kicked the door shut, letting out a loud sigh. I had just explored my new college campus, my home for the next 48 months. My hands were full from carrying my last two boxes full of magazines, trophies, makeup, and other little pride possessions in.

My parents and older brother, Ethan, had just finished bringing in the rest of my boxes when it came time to say our goodbyes.

"Bye mom. Bye dad. Goodbye Ethan. I'm going to miss you guys so much." I tell them while giving them each individual hugs, Ethan's lasting longer than the others.

Ethan is the only one that has ever really cared for me. I mean my parents still payed for my food, and basically payed for everything, but they didn't show too much actual care for me, that's where Ethan came in. He's my older brother, fatherly figure, and best friend all in one, it hurts me to part ways with him, even if it's just for a bit. The only problem is that he lives in Los Angeles, which is really far from here, even farther than where my parents live, the capital of New Jersey, Trenton. At least he's living happily in LA with his long term girlfriend of four years, Stephanie. I want a relationship like theirs when I get older, they're really meant to be together.

My parents, on the other hand, thought it was about time I started to live on my own terms for once, so that's why they sent me to go to school on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean.

For some reason, they thought it would be good for me to go away to college in Great Britain, where my Aunt Debbie lives. I kind of liked the idea of going to live there, but then it started to sink in that my parents just wanted me gone.

They've always wanted me gone. I'm not just saying that because I'm some depressed teen slash young adult, but because it's actually true. My dad works at a drug store on the corner of Henry and Maple Ave, barely making minimum wage.

My mom, on the other hand, is the one who 'racks in all the doe'. She works at a big settlement somewhere out of town. I'm really not too sure what she does, but if it's legal and pays money then I'm fine with it.

My mom does have a big secret though. Well, it's not so much of an actual secret only because everyone already knows it, but she likes to sleep with other men besides my father. The worst part is that my dad knows about it, but he won't do anything about it. He knows if he gets a divorce, he will be on the street with no money, no children, and basically nothing, so he just deals with it and does the same, cheats on on her. My whole family is a mess. But hey, nobody's perfect.

My Aunt Debbie, the sister of my father, lives in Holmes Chapel, Cheshire, so at least now I'm not that far from someone I know. I'm very close with my aunt Debbie, well as close as you can be with someone who lives so far. Whenever my parents threw family parties, she would always fly over ' just to see me and Ethan' as she would always say.

Mom, dad, and Ethan finally left, parting their way with me, leaving me all alone in my new small plain white dorm at South Cheshire College.

"Plain white walls?" I thought to myself. "That's going to have to change."

As I started unpacking my boxes, I heard the door open. Not expecting for the door to open, I jumped back in momentary fear.

In came a girl with long dirty blonde hair (which was tied back in a pink ribbon), a black long-sleeved sweater that was a little too short and exposed her stomach and shoulders, (like what Regina George was wearing in 'Mean Girls') navy blue jean shorts, and makeup that really complemented her eyes, which were hidden behind obviously fake glasses. Altogether, she was a very attractive girl.

Although it was august, the dorms were freezing from the air conditioning so she had to be cold.

She was talking to someone on the phone as she walked in. From what I could hear it sounded like she was talking to a guy.