Author's Note

So again I am here with a new book, and possibly a one which is going to be written slowly. It's kind of a challenge to me, and this decision had been taken all of a sudden.

I had been thinking of writing a book on this couple for some time (well not exactly a couple because the lady is gonna be in the spotlight most of the time but still, hubby is also a good boy) but didn't venture into the manifestation until now. I am entering this for The Ambys 2021

This story is based on the tale of Lord Nithsdale's escape from the Tower of London. Being an Indian I didn't have much idea of it, and I would have probably not known this tale had my school not taught me this! I remember, the first time I read this was in one chapter of English literature, and then after many years we had to study about the Jacobites and the French Revolution in detail. Even though the intricacies of the revolution have vanished from my memory, the story of Lord Nithsdale's escape I never forgot for it's no less than a true fairy tale. (Or Fairy Tail, Tower of Heaven?)

My only sources of information came from a letter that Lady Winfred had herself written to her sister and in it described the events and three more articles, along with the notes I had got from school. I am not much aware of the differences between Catholic and Protestant, so I will try to avoid it as much as possible, but the Catholic being connected with the Jacobites from one point in history, I am unable to remove the term from the book entirely. I have to mention it and pardon me if I make a mistake. People who are well aware of the history are always welcome to suggest me.