Settling In

This isn't really an oneshot, rather an introduction.

ALYA'S POV:

---------------

I hugged my parents one last time, said the final goodbyes, and watched them leave for the airport. My stomach was tied up in a knot, my heart was beating fast. ''This is it'' I thought. ''I won't see my parents in-person for 5 months.'' I sighed. I suddenly heard a notification. It was a message from my dad. I didn't even bother to read it. I was too sad to talk to my parents right now. I turned around, only to see a nice, small but cute yellow house. I could see flowers on the windowsills. The front porch looked nice and well-groomed. I sighed once again. I went to the front door and knocked. I waited for a bit, only to see a nice old short lady. She looked like she was in her 70s. 

- Hello young lady. You must be Alya?
- Yes... I'm Alya.

The lady suddenly smiled from ear to ear, and yelled in ecstasy: ''She's here!''

I heard rumbling, and then two men showed up. One was a tall man, who looked around 20. He had dark brown curly hair, blue eyes and a gentle smile. The other one was a bit shorter, with pale skin, brown eyes and black hair. I noticed them holding hands.

- Are they...?
- Yes, yes, they're a gay couple. They're just too cute, aren't they? - the old lady said.

My eyes immediately lighted up. I love, and I mean LOVE, gay couples. They're just too cute.

- Does that mean...

- Yes yes, but please come inside. It's a little awkward talking here.

I nodded and went inside. I walked into the hall, took off my shoes, and entered the house. The smell of freshly baked cake filled my lungs. I found myself in a nice, modern but cozy kitchen. Right next to it was a living room, and the stairs that led upstairs were in the middle. I really liked the house. It made me feel safe. All 4 of us sat at the table to talk.

- This is Luke, Luke Miles. - she said, pointing at the tall boy.

... - And this is Alexander, Alexander Lawrence. - she said, pointing at the shorter boy.

- Just call me Zander. - Zander said. (No, they're not characters from TMF, they just have the same names and personalities, but other than that, they're different.)

- And I'm Mary. But please, call me Grandma. - the old lady said.

- Okay... Grandma. - I said.

- They both live with me. They're such big babies. - she laughed. - Luke's 19, Zander's 18. I took care of Zander ever since he became an orphan, like 7 years ago. 

I suddenly noticed Zander becoming sadder and Luke putting his arm around him. I felt so bad for him.

- Anyyywaays, Zander met Luke in highschool. They became inseparable and they eventually became what they are now. Zander moved in like 5 months ago. Every day is an adventure with them, haha. 

- You know what, Grandma? I'll show Alya the rest of the house. - said Luke, who looked a little bit annoyed by now. He got up, took me by my hand and led me upstairs. 

- This is the bathroom, this is our bedroom, this is our bedroom, this is Grandma's, and this is yours. - he said, with a gentle smile. I smiled back, and entered my room.

- Make this room yours! We got LED lights and fairy lights for you, and also some decorations. 

I squealed. Ah yes! This is gonna be awesome! Luke went to get the stuff, while I looked around. The room was a bit empty, but it was fine. I loved the big window leading to the garden. Luke soon came back with all these decorations. We put them up together. After making my room look a little better, Luke sat me down on the bed, and sat down next to me. 

- Alya, there's one thing you need to know. Zander is struggling with depression. Don't talk about the family he lost, or any topics like that, okay?

I nodded. He then smiled again, which at that point was already annoying. He then left the room  and I was there all alone. For the rest of the day we played board games, ate dinner, and finally prepared to go to sleep. I was very tired, but I was looking forward to the next day.

739 words<3

Any requests? Tell me in the comments! Also please don't suggest smut, lemons, or any stuff like that. :)