Chapter 20

Dante's POV

Dante's POV

I was just about to go to bed when a knock on my door stopped me, and in came Marco. He too had his face screwed up in confusion and an emotion that was almost close to guilt. "Hey." I responded with a nod of my head, taking a seat on the edge of my bed.

We were both pretty stunned by what had happened at the party tonight. Honestly I don't even know how to explain it, Luca lost control. "What happened tonight?" Marco asked the question that running in both our minds. "I honestly don't know. I mean something is going on man. And I get it Luca is pissed at her but that was going way overboard."

Marco nodded agreeing with me "its like now that I am actually thinking about it without Luca shouting over my head. I can't even really understand why we were so mad at her in the first place." he was right, I had felt that too. For the past month and a half it has mostly been Luca who was always pressuring us or telling us that we should hate her.

He kept on saying how she is the reason we grew up without mom, that she is the reason why I cant even remember how my mom sounded like, and I didn't agree at first but he kept on telling us how she used to be back at her old school, he kept on insisting that she wasn't worth any time or attention because even after getting all that from mom she still was in his words a bitch.

"Same. And so what if she slept around? Like we aren't like that. And maybe she did pick fights in her old school but at least she isn't in the mafia and hasn't fucking killed people like us." gesturing between the two of us.

"You're right. I just feel guilty for the past month, and ignoring her, some side remark was one thing but after tonight. I just.... we should have said something." Marco sat next to me, an exasperated look on his face. I knew how he felt I wanted to say something to luca too but the only reason I couldn't was because I knew he would loose control. Luca was like that, he didn't have any sort of condition but once he got really pissed of he would go out of control.

I remember one time how Marco had said something to him that got luca so riled up that he hit Marco until the guy passed out. Granted he realized what he did immediately after and couldn't stop apologizing. It still scared me to go up against him; Xavier was the only one who could actually get him under control.

There was one thought that just wouldn't leave my mind, no matter how hard I tried the image just kept repeating on loop inside my brain. "She's gonna be okay right? We will talk with her tomorrow morning and she will be all right. Nothing much can happen in just one night." I asked fearfully looking at Marco.

He must have sensed what I was insinuating because he immediately replied "no Dan, don't worry okay, Katherine is strong she is not going to turn to drugs. She is gonna need a night alone to actually mull over what happened and let her emotions out then she'll be the stone cold bitch she always is."

Although his words gave me little assurance that she wouldn't do anything, I couldn't help but chuckle at the last part. "Yeah, I kind of like that about her. She oddly reminds me of Sophia." Marco's eyes widened as he laughed too, "can you imagine what the house would be like when the two finally meet." one thing was for sure, that it would be pure chaos.