A Christmas Melody

It was the night of Christmas Eve and there were now 2 months left until the U.A Entrance Exam.

Kyouka was currently wearing her usual clothes that kept her warm along with her scarf and beanie as she stood by the railing of Dagobah Municipal Beach Park.

Kyouka looked up at the starry night sky before sighing in frustration. 'This has to be the perfect Christmas gift. I owe it to him for that guitar he gave me on my birthday. Dammit, Izuku. Why'd you have to raise the bar so high?'

"HO HO HO! I AM HERE! SAVING CHRISTMAS LIKE A HERO!" All Might shouted as he appeared out of nowhere, wearing a Santa Claus costume along with a fake beard and a large sack.

"All Might?! What are you doing here?! Kyouka asked before noticing All Might's costume. "And what's with the getup?"

"Well, I was passing by and thought I would say hello! And I thought this outfit would be perfect for raising everyone's spirits this holiday!" The muscular man explained as he put down the sack. "Is it working on you, young Jirou?!"

"Um... Yeah... Really raises my spirits. Makes me almost want to go caroling..." The purple haired girl said with a forced smile.

'He looks so ridiculous with that outfit on.' Kyouka thought to herself as she resisted rolling her eyes.

"I knew you'd understand! Oh, how I love the holidays and how they bring everyone together!" All Might exclaimed as he placed his hands on his hips before transforming into his scrawny form. "Hm, I notice young Midoriya isn't with you. Mind if I ask where he is?"

The young girl shook her head as she leaned against the railing. "He went to go Christmas shopping to get something for his mom."

"On Christmas Eve? Seems a little ill-prepared for the kid." The scrawny man said as he raised an eyebrow.

"Well, it's not like he had much time with your 'Aim to Pass American Dream Plan.'" Kyouka muttered as she sighed. "Christmas shopping is a pain in the ass as it is. I can't imagine only having one day to do it."

"Yeah, you're not wrong." All Might said as he took off his fake beard. "So what'd you get for young Midoriya?"

The young girl immediately looked away before mumbling. "I didn't get him anything yet..."

"You didn't get him anything yet?" The number one hero asked in confusion. "What's your excuse for taking so long?"

Kyouka groaned a little as she twirled around her earphone jack. "It's just that I've been spending all month trying to think of the perfect gift for him. And so far I've come up with nothing. I'm up to my wit's end now."

"Have you tried asking around to get an idea of what he wants?" All Might asked as he cupped his chin.

Kyouka nodded as she kicked a pebble on the ground. "I did try asking him, but..."

XXX

Flashback

Izuku and Kyouka were walking home from school after being done with the last day of their final exams.

Kyouka stretched as she smiled. "We're finally done with finals and soon we'll be on winter break. It feels good to have exams off the mind."

Izuku gave a nervous chuckle as he gripped his backpack straps. "Yeah... Having exams off the mind..."

The purple haired girl realized what he meant before trying to immediately fix her mistake. "W-Well, I just mean that we can enjoy the winter season without any extra stress! Plus, you're making amazing progress with your training so far!"