Chapter 11

Asteria's outfit

Asteria's outfit

It had been a couple days since Rex had been injured, and confessed his feelings to Asteria. Things with the war had slowed down a bit again and they took advantage of it and spent lots of time together.
Rex would sneak out of his quarters and make his way to Asteria's in the middle of the night in secret. She would usually be awake waiting for him and they would spend hours of the night talking. Sometimes she was already asleep and he'd get in bed and sleep next to her, he'd always have to leave before she woke up so no one would catch them.
————————-
Asteria and Anakin were currently in a meeting with the council.
"Things have been suspiciously slow right now. We want to keep you out there in case back up needs to be called, you guys would be the first team alerted to help assist but I'm not sure if it's worth it wasting fuel floating around just because" master windu had said.

"Actually master, we are running a little low on fuel and energy. With your permission I'd like to land somewhere and fuel up and get our cruiser checked out if we could" Anakin said.

"Closest planet to you Naboo is, land there and fuel up you may" yoda told them.

"Thank you master, we will report back as soon as we land" Asteria told them and they all said their goodbyes.
Anakin and Asteria looked at each other and Anakin said,
"Well looks like we can stay on ground for a day or so. Have you ever been to Naboo?"

"Never, everyone says it's a beautiful planet"

"It is. I'll go tell the pilot to change course to Naboo, why don't you start alerting the men of our plans" Anakin told her.

"Yes sir" Asteria said and nodded.
She sensed Rex was in her room waiting for her and she started to head that way.
She walked inside and Rex was laying on her bed reading a book, he glanced up at her as he turned the page and asked,

"How'd the meeting go love?"

Asteria walked over to him and took the book out of his hands

"Hey I was-"

"Rex were going to Naboo! I've never been, I've heard it's beautiful."

Rex got up and brushed some hair behind her ear and said,
"Yeah it is, but not as beautiful as you."

"Come on I'm excited don't tease me Rex!"

"I'm not teasing I'm telling the truth"

"Well can't you just be excited with me?" Asteria asked while she put her hands on his shoulders.