How Long Is Forever?

The Pines twins had been given the day off of work to be able to do whatever it is they wanted to do. They debated on going to the pool, but then realized that there would be a lot of people crowding it.
Mabel wouldn't even be able to see Mermando, her first actual boyfriend.
The two walked outside and saw Wendy talking to her friends. She was repainting the side of the shack to try and cover the spray painted muffin-explosion that Robby had made.
Nate and Lee were messing around with the golf cart when suddenly Mabel had a fun idea.

"Hey guys, think we can use the cart for a while?" She called out, waving to the crew.

The boys nodded and stepped out.
"Sure thing girl Dipper." They knew her name, but 'girl dipper' had stuck with them.

The kids hopped inside and noticed Wendy walking over.
"Just be sure not to hit any pedestrians! Oh, and watch out for fallen trees and stumps. My dad and brothers were out doing lumber jack bizz earlier."
She tossed Dipper the keys.
And only seconds later, they were off.

Dipper and Mabel were zipping around in a golf cart, swerving to avoid hitting into trees, screaming from the adrenaline that rushed through their bodies.
"WOOO!" Mabel yelled with a huge smile spread across her face.
"THIS IS AWESOOOME!"
Sharp turns one after another, they came up to a small hill and used it as a ramp. While in air, Mabel threw her arms up while Dipper held his breath. They were only off the ground for mere seconds, but it was enough to scare him.

Just then, a deer walked in front of their path and the twins screamed in terror, forgetting about Wendy's warning not to hit any pedestrians. Dipper froze, so Mabel reached over her brother to get to the wheel and quickly turned it to dodge the deer who was peacefully grazing, probably unaware of the golf cart that was heading right for it seconds ago. Mabel had directed them towards a tree stump and right before they could let out another shriek, they hit right into it.

They had dented the entire front of the vehicle.
"Oh man! How are we going to explain that to Stan?" Dipper looked to Mabel who was slouched over.
"One word. Gideon."
They looked to each other and laughed in agreement.
"Oof..maybe we..should head back.." Dipper said in between deep breaths.
Mabel agreed with a nod, too exhausted to say anything. Dipper put the golf cart in reverse, but it wouldn't start. "Ugh. I think we're stuck here." Mabel laid back into the seat, slumping over again.

While they were sitting there, Mabel sighed and pulled out a note from a glass bottle that she was hiding in her sweater pocket.

"The summers gonna be over soon.. And my first real boyfriend left me for a manatee queen. Next summer, I'm finding a boy with two legs and is actually a human. And not dumb Gabe Benson. No. Puppeteers."

Dipper laughed a little. "Come on Mabel, you'll find someone eventually. Just focus on enjoying your life the way it is."

Dipper went slightly numb. His over thinking powers activated and he began to wonder about something Stan had told him once. 'Enjoy the life you've got now and the people that are in it, because one day they wont be there anymore. They're probably gonna end up running off with some hippie." He decided to ignore the last part. After a few moments of silence, Dipper spoke again. "Hey Mabel, can I ask you something?"
She sat upright and looked at him. "Yeah brobro?"
"Well.. Do you think.. That we'll be this close forever?"
Mabel looked at her brother with a somewhat serious expression.
"Dip, where is all this coming from?"
He sighed and slumped back down in his seat. "Well.. One day we're gonna have..families of our own. We won't be this young, and probably this close, forever." He closed his eyes and took another deep breath. "I like things the way they are now. I-I don't wanna loose y-" he was interrupted by Mabel's fingers holding his lips together.
"Dipper. You're my best friend, don't forget that. Yeah, one day we'll have our own families and we'll be older, but..we'll always be close."
She smiled and took her hand back.
Dipper glumly smiled and went in for a hug. This one was a little more awkward then their usual awkward sibling hug.
"Dipper.." She said softly, not yet returning the hug.
"You're the only best friend I've got, Mabel."
He clutched onto her and tears began welling up in his eyes. Mabel sighed and hugged him back tightly.
"Silly... Lets head back to the shack."
Mabel held Dippers hand and they stepped out of the cart and began to walk home. They left behind the busted golf cart, assuming eventually Stan would find it anyways.
"Love ya brobro."
Dipper smiled and wiped his eyes.
"Love you too, Mabel."

~END~

And before anyone comments 'OMF PINECEST', no, it's not pinecest. Not every dipper and Mabel story is pinecest!!1!1!1!