One

It's peaceful. The silent whispers of the breeze hitting my face as I walked the thin dirt trail in the woods. The only noise around being the birds chirping and crickets in the untouched grass and tall trees. Mornings aren't usually this peaceful if I'm not out of the house before 7am. I got up earlier to take a walk. As I slowed down my pace I could hear what sounded like the flow of water. I followed the sound until I reached a wide peaceful stream of water.

As I made my way down the rocky side of the stream I saw something flop out and back into the water. I made my way to the side of the stream to investigate what interrupted my peace I stoped to look down into the water. Small fish swam away fast as got closer to the water. My lips curled into a smile as I watched the water and the things inside of the water. In a short moment of silence I was able to relax.

Ring....
Ring.....
Ring.......

A heavy sigh left my lips as I stood up and pulled my phone from my back pocket. "Ugh...." I silently grunted when I saw it was simply only a spam caller. I declined the call and went to turn my phone onto do not disturb when the rock I had my foot on started to slip.

In a desperate struggle to keep my balance and not fall into the water I stretched my arms out and in the process let my phone skip out of my hand. As a first reflex I leaned forward to try catching the phone but ended up falling face first into the water. I silently cringed as I went down and squeezed my eyes shut tightly and tried to place my arms out in front of my to break my fall but my hands never felt anything under me before I had blacked out.