XXXIX

"Both of you can leave. To the next hashira.", Iguro spat to the two tired girls.

"Hah.. Thank you, Iguro-san!.. Hooh..", Kiyomi panted as she held her knees in exhaustion, her smile unwavering.

Iguro scoffed at her, still scowling, before walking back to his room.

"Um, Iguro-san..?", the girl hesitantly called, causing the serpent pillar to look at her with a glare.

"M-may I untie these demon slayers now? They seem really tired and.. still scared.", she stuttered.

"Do what you want. After that, get out already.", Iguro resumed to walk away.

"Thank you, Iguro-san! Can you help me untie them, Kanao-san?", Kiyomi looked at Kanao with pleading eyes as Kanao just nodded and they untied the poor and grateful slayers.

"Thank you so much, Takahashi-sama, Tsuyuri-sama!", The slayers bowed as they thanked the two, and Kiyomi only waved it off, saying they didn't need to thank them.

Meanwhile, a certain serpent hashira went to his office to get started on working on his haori, but when he came in and took it, the hem of his striped haori was already sewed.

"Huh? Who did this, Kaburamaru?", Iguro said as he looked at his snake who shook his head, oblivious.

"I know you're lying. I've known you for a long time, Kaburamaru.", Iguro deadpanned.

Kaburamaru stuck his tongue in and out and hissed a few times. Iguro understood what he said and his eyes widened.

"That Takahashi girl?", Iguro asked as Kaburamaru bobbed his head in assurance.

Iguro sighed as he looked at his sewn haori with a glare.

'How dare she.', he thought, slowly examining the hem. '.. She knows how to properly sew.. Not bad.'

Iguro wore his haori back again before proceeding to write a letter for his crush. Obviously, we already know who it is.

----------

The two girls arrived at the wind pillar's estate, and Kiyomi felt a chill crawl up her spine at how eerie the house felt.

The wind hashira, Shinazugawa Sanemi, was standing in front of them, scowling with his browless face as usual. He was incharge of training the speed and flexes of the slayers, just like Muichiro, but harsher.

"H-hello, mister Shinazugawa.", the girl tuttered, feeling really anxious once again.

Sanemi just clicked his tongue in annoyance before going inside without a word. The two girls took it as a cue and followed him.

Kiyomi swallowed the lump on her throat when she saw the demon slayers, all tired and beaten up.

"Just because your girls, doesn't mean I'll go easy on training you. And what are you all doing, slacking off?! No resting!", Sanemi yelled at the poor students. Kiyomi could only sheepishly smile as she trembled in fear.

'Now I know why Zenitsu wants to leave...', she thought to herself before taking the wooden sword Sanemi threw at her and Kanao and began to duel with him.

Remember when Sanemi said that just because they were girls, doesn't mean he'd go easy on training them?

... Well... He wasn't kidding.

Kiyomi laid on the ground, sweating profusely, as Kanao stood beside her, panting slightly from exhaustion.

'I-i'm surely gonna die! I wanna leave! God.. now I sound like Zenitsu.!', she thought while internally crying.