Under the Stars {𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐎𝐧𝐞}

This is set only a few months after the Saeyoung good ending. Spoilers for that by the way. Saeyoung has been struggling to be open with his feelings. MC is patient with him and relaxed.

-----

     Saeyoung was gentley holding MC's hand as they walked home from another RFA party. It was already dark, around 10pm. Saeyoung was staring up at the stars like he always did when he noticed the stars begin to covered by some dark clouds. "I think it might be raining soon. We should probably hurry to the bunker" he says as he stares into MC's eyes. He thought the sparkle in their eyes were like finding some more stars to look at but he couldn't bare to say it out loud. He loved showing affection but he always felt weird about it since he was never given the chance to love anybody like he loved MC. Before MC, he was never nearly as close to anybody. The concept of being genuinely affectionate was like suddenly landing on Earth and trying to adapt to their ways. Since he escaped from the agency, he really has started to feel even more like the alien he always pretended to be.
     MC nods. "Alright. I'd hate for our outfits to get wet since they were so expensive" they say as they begin to speed walk on the sidewalk, pulling Saeyoung with them. Saeyoung gasps, not expecting them to be so abrupt. MC was like the astronaut who brought the sweetest alien to his real home: Earth.  When he pulls his body back to Earth, he begins running, pulling MC with him. He looks back at MC with a playful smile. MC begins running with him to try and keep up. While they ran, MC could see Saeyoung's neat hair get messed up with the fast pace of their steps. The long locks quickly bounced back to those cute curly locks.
     Soon, it began to sprinkle. "Damn! We might not make it! We're so close!" Saeyoung says, feeling very onary to get home. MC's heavy breath catches up to them. They absolutely have to stop. They had a long day of greeting guests and dealing with the wrath of them realizing the false promises MC made to get them to come to the party. MC has to let go of Saeyoung's hand to slow down. Saeyoung's heart stopped when he felt MC's soft hand leave his. He looked back to them and raced back. "Are you alright?" he asks. Saeyoung often forgets that he no longer is running with a crowd of people much more fit than he ever was.
     MC nods instead of talking. They can't seem to speak through their huffs and puffs. "Ye-... Ye-yep-..." MC is able to say something to Saeyoung so he wouldn't worry. The rain began to pick up. It cooled both of them down but now their fancy clothing was drenched.
     Saeyoung thought about taking his coat off and giving it to MC but the cold water must have been relieving and the coat would only make them feel hotter. Once MC caught their breath, they continued walking with Saeyoung. It wasn't long until they got to the bunker. The bunker asks for "أفاستسقيناكموها" in Arabic before they enter.
     Saeyoung's smile quickly became a frown. "Fuck-..." he says out of anger towards himself. MC looks to Saeyoung, confused. He had never not known a word the bunker asked for so he never felt the need to bring a dictionary around like Vanderwood does.
     The bunker makes a beep sound before announcing, "incorrect". Saeyoung felt awful. He was supposed to be fluent in Arabic but he didn't know this one word.
     Saeyoung turns around and walks the other way. "We better hurry up before it brings in the artillery"
     MC gulps. They forget that there are heavy guns and weapons all over their home at all times. It can be unnerving but the memory of surviving being in an active bomb for over a week is nothing compared to what was in the bunker. Besides, Saeyoung was always there to make sure it was safe. "Where are we going?" MC asks since they have never had to go into the foresty area behind the bunker.
     "Well, I know you haven't been back here but I think it's time you take a look. It's the reason I chose to build the bunker here on top of the already half built building" Saeyoung explains. MC's eyebrow raises, confused about what he meant by it. He moves a tree branch, revealing an abandoned astronomical observatory.
     MC's eyes widen staring out at it. "It's beautiful"
     The reveal with the tree branch was obviously planned. Saeyoung wanted it to be like what it was in the movies so he took a route that didnt have a clean path. Saeyoung feels proud of himself for it too. "I knew you'd love it! ". As he takes them inside, the rain drips off the round light grey roof. "It's very very old and broken but I would always like to sit on top of it and look at the view. I wish I could do that with you but I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be able to see much of the sky"
     MC looks around the inside of the observatory, wiping away the dust at the books. "Do you know what these are?"
     "They were here before I bought the place. They're recordings of what they found through this shattered telescope" he explains, "I read them a million times when I was a teenager and had some free time. That and beating Yoosung at LOLOL without him knowing it was me"
     MC sits down on a large bean bag chair Saeyoung had left there. It wasn't the most comfortable but at least it wasn't as dirty as everything else. They left enough room for Saeyoung to sit as well but he sits down next to them like there was barely enough room so he could be closer to MC. MC looks up to Saeyoung, shocked by how close he was. He laid his curly red head on MC's as he stares down at the book, reading it once again with her. MC was happy to feel him so close to them and scrunches up their muscles. They were used to Seayoung's tendency to keep his distance. MC was happy to know Seayoung was beginning to losen up and do what he wanted again. The astronaut was patient for the alien to adjust and let him change when he felt safe to.
     Saeyoung worries that he got too close to them without their permission. "Sorry, am I too close? I can back off-" MC intureupts Saeyoung.
     "N-no! I like it, it's fine with me..." they say as they squeeze the burning stars in their stomach that spit warm heat all over, "I just didn't expect it is all"
     Saeyoung nods before holding them close from behind. MC begins to wonder if Saeyoung is so close just because he wanted to read the book with them. Feeling him so close was so warm and fuzzy. They wanted to completely hug him but didn't wanna pry.
     Little did they know, Saeyoung was feeling that same warm fuzzy feeling along with an ache in his waist. The hug didn't last long before Saeyoung couldn't take the ache any longer and fell on his side.
     MC jerks their head back over to Saeyoung, surprised about the fall. "Are you alright?" they ask.
     Saeyoung nods. "Yeah. It was just an awkward position" Saeyoung looked a bit upset about falling over like that. It was embarrassing and he couldn't continue hugging MC. "I guess my torso was just built to lay on it's side today" he jokes.
     Even though that joke wasn't thought out very well and really sucked, MC let out a giggle anyway. He was way too dorky laying there like that. "here... " they mumbled as they laid down on their side next to him so he could see the book with them. "Now we can read it together"
     Sure, neither of them were hugging someone but feeling their sides bump into each other was enough for now.