Chapter One

•Sarah's POV•

I stared at the clock, waiting for the bell to ring. I absolutely hated advisory, but all of the kids hated me right back. All but my best friend, Skylar. But let's not get into that. As Mr. Holliston kept complaining about test scores, I kept thinking blankly until the bell quickly rang. It was short, yet relaxing. I could finally leave this awful mess of a room. I jumped up, grabbing my bag, books and binder. I tried to leave before she would see me, before she could hurt me. Too late. I feel a cold hand grab the collar of my black V-neck, choking me. "And where do you think you're going?" A harsh, preppy voice came from behind me. It was Mariah Higgins and her little group of friends. Not only is she the leader of the cheer squad AND my nemesis, but she's Brendon Urie's girlfriend. Oh, how I hated her. "I.. Leave me alone, Mariah. I'm hurt enough, can't you see?!" I screeched, slamming her hand off of my neck. I dropped some of my books by accident when swinging. Oops! "Haha! And clumsy, I see." She snickered, suddenly gutting me in the stomach. I groaned, falling to my knees. Well, there goes all of my books. And my bag. And my binder. Great. I stood up, coughing. I lifted my shirt, seeing it bruise already. "Smell ya later! Oh wait, I think that awful stench of yours suddenly got burned into my nose!" Her and the others all giggled their girly laughs as they strutted away. Could this day get any worse? Suddenly, the tardy bell rang. 5 minutes already? I grabbed everything and ran to class, thinking of an excuse that I could probably pull off.