Fractures and Favors

Summary:

Everything in Terunori Kuga's life seemed to be going smoothly. He'd been winning Food War after Food War with ease, he'd managed to challenge Chef Tsukasa, and he'd just come up with his latest dish at the Chinese Cuisine Research Society. Things were going brilliantly, and although there were some people that undervalued his abilities (namely Eizan and Nene), his work really was flourishing.

But when a rogue cart and a cute klutz comes along, Kuga finds himself caring for more than just his work.

Warnings:  Minor injuries, minor hurt/comfort, friends to lovers.

Word Count: 2,300+

Note:  Hello, everyone! Don't mind me casually fandom-hopping again lol! I'm still writing for other fandoms, but I've got a few Kuga fics I hope to finish in the future!  I hope you enjoy!

Everything in Terunori Kuga's life seemed to be going smoothly. He'd been winning Food War after Food War with ease, he'd managed to challenge Chef Tsukasa, and he'd just come up with his latest dish at the Chinese Cuisine Research Society. Things were going brilliantly, and although there were some people that undervalued his abilities (namely Eizan and Nene), his work really was flourishing.

But like all good things in life, they're interrupted by brief misfortunes.

The day was warm and pleasant as Kuga made the relatively short walk back to his apartment. The trees were green and lush, the flowers were blossoming, and the breeze felt lovely. He'd intended to make a cup of tea and enjoy the sun for a bit before heading off to his office, but he wasn't in any particular rush.

Perhaps he should have been.

There was a faint sound of rumbling from behind him, but Kuga didn't bother looking. Even the rogue calls didn't draw his attention. Delivery trucks arrived at Totsuki constantly, filling the roads and pathways with rumbling and chattering. However, this time was different.

And you were watching.

A cart stacked high with boxes was rumbling down the hill ahead of a very alarmed looking Isshiki. He was running after it, shouting for people to watch out. The cart was heading straight for Kuga, and it didn't look like Isshiki would catch it in time.

You moved without thinking, racing out from under the trees as fast as you could. "Kuga!" you yelped, colliding with him before the massive cart could crash into him.

He stumbled to the ground, shirt rumpling and back rolling against the rough concrete.

But you weren't quite quick enough. The sharp crack was sickening, and you yelped in pain, immediately curling around your throbbing arm. You'd managed to push Kuga away from the collision, but your arm hadn't quite made it out from under the wheels.