Tapped out

This isn't a diary. I've never been the diary type.

But theres a lot of stupid rumours about the incident at Rockford. A  few of them are aimed at the Teen Titans. Who have been good enough to not say anything other than they're not sure what happened. Thats nice of them, but I can't let them take the rap for this. 

Consider this a confession of sorts. As well as a lot more. 

And if some slime bag publisher should decide to make a profit off of this, at least have the courtesy to add this at the beginning.

"Dedicated to my friends Felicity, Rachel and W.W."

.................................................................................................................................................................

I don't want to go over my life story but I kind of have too. You'll see why later.

I was born in a town somewhere in the mid west. I left there pretty early on so I never remembered its name. 

My parents were ordinary people.  Not wonderful. Not jerks. Just normal.

My name was Jennifer. 

My earliest memories before I got my powers are as follows.

1. My parents had a Christmas cabin in the woods were we would go every December and make gingerbread cookies and cut down our own tree. The snow would glisten brightly in the moonlight as it fell. I'd stay up late and watch for Santa Claus.

2. I had a cat. A big white one. He got run over by a car and I was really torn up about it. We even buried it in the backyard with its own gravestone and everything.

3. I had one friend in elementary school named Christina (last name forgotten). Considering what happened to me later, I guess she is by default the only normal friend I've ever had in my life.

4. The bright red dress I got for my 7th birthday. 

Thats it. Thats all my memories of being a normal person. 

My super life started when I was six years old and my parents had just gotten really lucky with an investment and decided to celebrate with a spring break trip. I distinctly remember riding in the car with my little swimsuit already on bouncing up and down, ready to hit the waves as soon as the car stopped. I used to have bright red hair that I distinctly remember tying back in little pig tails and apparently I had a snorkel in my mouth the whole trip like I expected to be underwater within seconds. Its a shame there are no photos of me like that anymore. I was probably adorable.

Did you know that people tend to focus on negative moments rather than positive ones? 

I mention that because I don't remember having fun at the beach at all.

I'm sure I must have because the storm didn't hit till the afternoon. We got there early in the morning so I must have been doing something fun before the wind picked up.

And the sky darkened into an ugly grey.

The waves began to swell in size and hit the sand with increasing force. I remember the first rain drops on my skin and the sound of the lightening.

I remember everyone running away. 

Now, heres where things get interesting and the "argument" begins. (When you meet felicity you'll hear all about the argument but heres a small taste.)

My dad was in charge of packing the food the night before but in his haste he made a sandwich with expired ham.

A lawyer named Gareth was supposed to deliver papers to an important meeting but overslept.