One (possible oneshot)

This is mostly movie/ tv verse because of Ben Barnes, but includes some book aspects. The Darkling isn't evil. Susan/Kirigan/Caspian. I think that's all enjoy :)

The grisha dinners were just as they had been before the sun summoner arrived. People expected little else, but still there was hope that something would change. Alina Starkov sat at the right side of General Kirigan's chair while Ivan and the others sat just to the left. Everyone knew it was a matter of status, despite the General never attending meals. People always wished to know more about the darkling, but no one was close enough. Even Ivan didn't know of the darkling's past.

It was on a cold night in the middle of winter when things got more interesting for the grisha and their mundane meal. The bells rang throughout the palace. Everyone at the table looked up when the entrance doors to the dining room opened to show a group of grisha patrol officers entering. Alina was just as alarmed as everyone else, but perhaps more concerned, when she noticed the young dark haired woman held between the officers.

"Someone fetch the darkling," one of the men called.

Ivan motioned Zoya at the group while he swiftly exited the room.

"And what is the meaning of this?" Zoya demanded of them. The grisha shifted, but stood their ground.

"We found her passed out at the front gates. Didn't know what else to do." At this the rest of the dining grisha started muttering.

Zoya drew herself up with a fury, "And you thought you should bring her into the Little Palace? What if she is a spy fools!"

The officers didn't move for a minute, leaving everyone to notice the woman begin to stir.
"Please, help me. Where am I? Please."

"What are you doing here, what is your plan girl?" Zoya belittled the woman, despite there surely not being an age difference between the two.

The mutterings around the hall were growing. The dining grisha began to call out to the women, demanding answers or shying away from Zoya's anger. Alina didn't know what to make of the scene, looking around she saw her confusion mirrored on the faces of Nadia and Marie beside her. Fortunately she did not have to make a decision, when the door Ivan had exited flew open.

"What is the meaning of this?" General Kirigan called.

The crowd parted so the darkling had full view of the woman, held captive in the arms of the patrol guard. The hall grew silent, waiting for his governing for the uncomfortable situation. What the gathered grisha did not expect, was for their general to freeze upon seeing the woman.

The woman drew every eye to her when she breathed out, "Caspian?"

There was a beat of silence, "Release her," the darkling muttered.

When the guards remained frozen the general repeated his command, this time with his usual control. The guards let the woman go, and Alina was surprised to see she had enough strength to stand, let alone have a smirk on her face.

"You've gotten more bossy, your majesty," She said with a mocking bow.

There was a collective intake of breath from the crowd as their gaze shifted to the darkling, waiting for his rage. Although the darkling acted kingly, calling him out on it was a dangerous game. However they were taken aback by the small smile upon his handsome face.

"Well my dear queen you hold that title more than I do at the moment."

Like a tennis match the crowd's view shifted back to the woman. Everyone seemed to have the same thought, how was this disheveled woman a queen. However Alina thought that she understood. There was something in the way the woman held herself, as if she was used to giving orders and having them followed.