crescendo

Flames ignited the ballroom the sound of crackling wood and the whispers of the flames grew louder competing with the symphony's harmonic tune.
Their bodies entwined embracing the other's warmth, afraid to let eachother go. It's not the storm before the quiet,
This is the deep and dying breath of
This love. This love that ignited a tragic tale The music burst into a crescendo, their bodies grew hotter by the second. Their fingers interlocked and they stared into each others eyes
They glided across the dance floor, keeping in time with beat, a beat never missed.
The flames grew larger igniting the walls making the room glow brighter.

Captivated by his grace, his beauty, his voice, she stares longingly wishing to feel his burning lips pressed against her skin. For their bodies to press against one another and allow her hands to roam freely. He gently caressed the back of her neck whispering sweet nothings as he shielded her face from the heat that surrounded them. He knew too well this was the last time he'd feel her warmth on his body, the last time he'd be able to kiss her soft lips and hear her harmonic voice call out his name.

Her eyes slowly began to gloss over, barely concealing her tears that threatened to spill, she couldn't be a part of this anymore, it wasn't fair...the sneaking around, avoiding media and most of all lying to those who cared about her. She was cruel, heartless, she knew from the start they couldn't be together...yet she tried anyways.
He said nothing, there was nothing to say. They stopped dancing a while ago, they just stood there letting everything burn around them.

He pulled away slowly and cupped her tear stained face ever so softly, his eyes spoke a thousand words, she knew it was time.

She wiped her face dry and stared blankly at the man in front of her, she was torturing herself by doing this, longing out the enetivable...
"please...just walk away"  her tears fell down her cheek but she kept her composure.
She wanted him to hate her, call her names, berate her or even tell her that he never loved her. It would've made this simple and would've made moving on easier. She didn't expect him to say anything else.

"I love you"

She chocked on her own breath trying to keep herself composed, why? Why did he have to stay that

"No you don't"
"Turn around and don't give me another glance"

Her head began to hurt, probably inhaled too much smoke but she didn't care, she just wanted for him to leave and let herself cry silently while the flames burn out. She didn't want to seem weak infront of him, like a coward or a wimp.

He took a step forward and grabbed her arm, pulling her into his embrace before pulling her into a Kiss
It was long and full of passion, neither of them wanted to stop. But they heard sirens in the distance and knew he had to make his escape.

They parted and gave each other one last kiss before he slowly turned away from her and headed towards the forest nearby. He stopped half way and slowly began to turn but catching himself in the process

"Dont give me anther glance" he half smile appeared on his lips and as he slowly began walking again, raising his hand to wave goodbye.

She did nothing, she stood there as rubble fell down watching her lover fade away into the night.

🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴

Well that was my first attempt
I hope you all enjoyed