Adoption

Shibayama was pretty popular on Tik Tok for his funny volleyball videos about poking fun at his senpai and talking about how to be friends with other teams off the court. Speaking about the libero group chat he had made friends with Akama So from Nohebi.

However, when you followed him there was a rule that the account is unknown to his friends and that to the only talk about it when they were gone.

People started asking "can we adopt you please!" and "I'm part of a club, can we adopt you as our new child?" Shibayama found these very funny and would comment back that his mom would get mad. But he had an idea after making fun of his senpai in a video. He got out his phone and started to record.

"Hi! I've been getting comments about wanting to adopt me. I find these very funny and sweet but if I said yes to all of them I would have so many families! So, with permission from mom -"

Shibayama's mom yelled "PERMISSION GRANTED"

"- I will be up for adoption by one club. There are a few rules. If these do not apply to you I'm sorry but we can still be friends. 1, you must be part of a club that has an adult for a leader/supervisor. 2, there must be at least 7 or more people in the club. 3, this stays on the down-low whenever the Nekoma team is around. 4, all members of the club are okay with it, consent is important. 5, We can meet in person and/or video call and/or chat. 6, you must be able to speak Japanese and be in Japan to submit your application."

"I will have a timer set for 2 days. When the timer is up no more applications will be allowed. Use any method of communication possible. I won't do a video until the end of the month so people can send me letters if they need to! Thanks for participating. The timer starts in 3...2...1...Now!"

The video logged off and a timer was started.

———-

Shibayama got everything ready and started up the live stream.

"HEYO What's up my name is Shibayama Yuuki and this is another live stream that will be edited to a video! I'm going to be going through the adoption papers and will be giving you a look at the options I have picked. I have gone through some of the online ones off camera and have selected a few. For now, let's go through the papers!"

Shibayama moved the camera to a table with a stack of papers.

"Ok! I will be reading all of them and trying to give feedback on your club! I also see some fan mail in there so I will be reading that in my free time, I find those personal and I like to save those for my Tik Tok videos. My sister will be helping me go through them stone there are a lot."

"First up is Ubugawa High School Volleyball Club. Hahaha!" Shibayama was laughing so hard he fell over. "No, I know them and just sorry no. Goura-san, don't tell Kuroo thanks. Next!"

The video goes on for another thirty minutes before reaching the final papers.

"HUUUUUHHHHHHH @(・●・)@!!!!! NO WAY"

"Shibayama what????!!!!!!"

"No way! I got an application from Shiratorizawa! Did you slip this one in?!"

"Yes! That's like basically going to school there! Read it read it!!"

"Okay okay. Dear Shibayama-san, this is Tendou Satori from the Shiratorizawa Volleyball club. I've been watching your videos for a while and had to show my teammates. I'm in my third year but we would love to adopt you! My entire team is perfectly chill with it but we are pretty weird so don't get your hopes up! I'll leave my number below! I think you already know Yamagata from the libero chat. Thanks for your consideration!!"

"Shibayama, everyone in the chat is saying to say yes. Even the other people you are considering want you to say yes. What do you have to say."

"y-yeah I would love to! How how can I keep this from Nekoma?Holy crap, wow. I can't wait. AHHHHHHHH"

With that, the video abruptly ends and Shibayama texts Tendou that he would love to be 'adopted by the Shiratorizawa team.' Shibayama and Tendou become friends over the next few days and meet before meeting the rest of the team, with first-year Goshiki and Yamagata.

To say he wasn't nervous to meet Shiratorizawa was a lie but he was confident. He was definitely the shortest by far but that didn't really seem to matter. He liked everyone and couldn't keep this to himself so he took a photo of him and Shiratorizawa visiting the Tokyo Tower as a 'family.'

The picture showed all of the team members together. Tendou had Shibayama on his back. Semi and Shibayama were giving people bunny ears. Everyone was laughing or at least smiling in the picture. They took a second one where they flipped the camera off. The logic being 'a family that flips together stays together' is completely true.

When Shibayama got home he couldn't care enough that no one on the team knew so he posted the pictures for everyone to see.

Changing profile pic from a picture of himself to a picture of him and Shiratorizawa flipping and sticking together.

Nekoma practice the next day was regular until Fukunaga asked how he and Shiratorizawa met.

This declaration elicited squawks and gasps from everyone.

"Well, they kinda pretend adopted me for my high school years. I said they could and we spent the day as a 'family.' It was fun."

Nekoma was confused and shocked. It took some explaining but they calmed down.

Now Shibayama was the new ghost first-year that was a member of the Shiratorizawa VBC.

And the rule about not telling Nekoma is over, kinda.