Just You and Me

Bin and Yejin are on their last night after finally having a matched schedule to plan this short but needed vacation. It hurts them that this simple and perfect moment they're spending with each other will come to an end and they'll be facing the reality again once they open their eyes the next morning. But Bin doesn't want his girlfriend to feel dreadful.

"Let's go. There are so many stars outside." Bin exclaimed while looking at the window. He grabbed Yejin's hand and led her outside.

Her eyes widened upon seeing the night sky, "Omo! It's my first time seeing this plenty of stars."

Bin smiled at her. He pointed to a location where there's a cloth spread out to the grass where people can sit like having a picnic. He carefully helped Yejin sit down before settling beside her.

"This is so beautiful, Bin. It's just sad that today's our last night." A pout on her face appeared as she leaned her head on her boyfriend's left shoulder. "Who knows when our schedules will match again." She lightly chuckled.

Looking down at her girlfriend, he reached for her right shoulder and gently squeezed, assuring her that it's alright. "It's okay, Yejin. We will make all our time together the best moments of our lives. I'll make sure of that."

Before Yejin responded to Bin, he blurted, "Quick! Yejin, make a wish!" They both shut their eyes when they saw a shooting star flashed while they were stargazing.

"What did you wish for?" Yejin asked.

"Hmm... Can I answer that later?" He nervously laughed.

"Aish. Fine. But I won't wait for you to ask me what I wished for." She laughed. "I wish we got to spend many more times like this together. Just you and me." She smiled at Bin with her wistful eyes.

Bin kissed Yejin's forehead while whispering in her ears, "We will, Yejin. We will."

They stayed in that moment for a couple of minutes until Bin invited Yejin somewhere. "Oh Yejin, by the way, I found a beautiful place in the resort that you'll love. Do you want to visit it right now?"

Yejin nodded and followed her boyfriend.

---

They entered a place that seems like a secret garden. Bin reached for Yejin's back for her to come first inside. Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped when she saw the fireflies flying around the garden.

"I remembered watching your drama when I saw these fireflies." He said while following her girlfriend from behind. "Hmm... That's Summer Scent, right?"

Without seeing her face, he saw Yejin nodded her head while still in awe with everything she's witnessing.

Yejin completely forgot about everything once she entered this place. She even forgot that she's with her boyfriend. Once she went back to reality, she quickly turned around to face Bin but what she saw surprised her more.

Bin was already kneeling down on one knee in front of her with a ring box in his hands.

"Bin..."

"Uhm... Hi." Bin greeted her nervously. "Remember asking me what I wished for earlier? It's actually this- uhm for you to say yes. Thank heavens we saw a shooting star." He gently laughed.

"Yejin, you know how much I love you and how much I am willing to sacrifice everything just to spend time with you. I want to grant your wish, Yejin. I want to spend more time with you together- with or without having this kind of trip. Even just spending our time together in our house is enough for me. Just you and me."

Tears were already filling in both of their eyes. Yejin's hand unconsciously covered her mouth in surprise and to block the sob she was about to let out.

"Son Eon Jin, I want to make the rest of my life the best of my life. And I know spending my time with you will make that happen. Will you marry me?"

Without waiting for another second, Yejin answered, "Yes, Bin. A million times yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes." She leaned down after Bin wore the ring in her left ring finger and gave him a peck of kisses in between while saying those yeses.

Bin rose up and wrapped his girlfriend-turned-fiancé around his arms. Yejin hugged him back and placed her arms around his torso. He then held both of her shoulders and kissed her forehead.

"I love you so much, Son Eon Jin."
"I love you so much, Kim Tae Pyung."