Drunk

It happened during a match between Ubugawa and Nekoma. Shibayama had subbed in fir Yaku on the basis of needing more experience. Although it hit during the middle of the match it wasn't a bad feeling, even though he didn't know what the feeling was.

Shibayama felt warm and relaxed, more so than since he joined Nekoma or the Tokyo Training Camp. He also felt tired, happy, and a little hazed. Shibayama was determined to keep a straight face though, and he did very well. His only tell was that he was squinting a little.

Despite what everyone will say, Shibayama is a great liar, actor, and manipulator. Although he rarely uses these skills on his friends. Maybe to keep a few secrets or have someone else purchase the occasional meat bun for him or take a lie for him.

Only at set point to Nekoma did the feeling get weird, he felt hot and felt like he couldn't move or didn't want to, he couldn't tell the difference.

Ukai noticed Shibayama squinting and having a red neck and face when taking a quick glance over. Ukai being an adult and concerned, approached Coach Nekomata and Coach Naoi about his worries but they were dismissed on the premise that it was very hot and that they would have noticed, caution and more attention were given to Shibayama though.

After the Ubugawa and Nekoma, as well as the Karasuno vs Shinzen matches finished it was time to swap. Fukurodani vs Nekoma and Ubugawa vs Shinzen.

Shibayama took a sip from his water bottle.

Shibayama was still going to play Fukurodani for Nekoma.

Once it was Fukurodani 17 - Nekoma 15, disaster would strike as Bokuto, being his usual self, spiked the ball as hard as possible after focusing more on power and speed than aim. It was headed for Shibayama and all he had to do was take a step back and receive.

It felt like too much. Too much work to move or speak or breathe.

The spiked ball hit his face head on and made a loud crack as it hit his cheekbone and the side of his nose. Shibayama immediately fell to the ground and rolled to the side. He held himself up a little from his arm on the floor. But his arm quickly gave out.

As he lay there on the floor, blood dripped from his nose, slowly at first Then it started to come out heavier and became a small puddle on the floor.

As soon as the first drop of blood hit the group Yaku, Coach Ukai, Asahi, Masaki Goura (Ubugawa Captain), Kuroo, and Daiki Onago (Shinzen Captain) surrounded him. Shibayama laid there collapsed on the floor.

The other teams were concerned and stopped playing, the referees didn't say a thing and were also extremely worried.

Ukai was close to Shibayama's face and removed the bloody hand from the bloodier cheek. Coach Nekomata and Coach Naoi arrive to help.

"Good news, Shibayama doesn't have a broken or even cracked nose, but he does have a cracked cheek." Coach Ukai said with a little enthusiasm. "Bad news, that crack was his cheek bone-cracking and I don't know why he didn't step back." Coach Ukai looked confused and perplexed at what happened.

"Good going Bokuto." Daiki said, snickering.

"I'll take him to the office and I would like Yaku-san to come too. I think you can manage without your libero's" Ukai says with a taunting smile towards Nekomata as he hoists Shibayama onto his back. Then Shibayama breathes in Ukai's face, sending a shock of confusion, waiting for his next breath. "Hold on."

"What?" Goura says, very worried.

"I think-I think- no, there's no way." Ukai says to himself. The next breath confirms his suspicions.