Old 'Friend'

"We're going, Aunty... see you."

Keina and Suga walked to school. Today is Saturday, the day Hinata and Kageyama will have a match with the other first year students.

"Koshi-nii... can we move faster?" She looks restless.

"Why does she look so enthusiastic this Saturday morning?" Daichi asked. He meets the Sugawara sibling on his way.

Suga sighed, "She always likes this every time she gonna watch any kind of sports match. Thanks to my late uncle, she has special excitement with volleyball."

"Koshi-nii... can I run?"

Suga nodded.

"Assa! See you soon, Koshi-nii."

Daichi looks surprised to Suga's response. "Is that okay, Suga?"

"Haha... she will be more depressed if I say 'don't run'."

*

"Tobi-chan!" Keina shouted happily when she arrived at the gym room. "Ah... good morning, Tanaka-san... morning Sho-chan." She also greeted them.

"You know him, Keina?" Tanaka asked her. Keina nodded eagerly, "He's my junior in Kitagawa Daichi."

Kageyama looked confused at first, but then he remembered something. "Keina-san, am I right?"

Keina laughed happily and clapped her hands. "Don't expect that you will remember me. Guess I'm still the same from the junior high then."

Suga, who just arrived, shakes his head after watching that scene.

After the match, Keina hugged Kageyama and told him that he's the best. Keina watched his games last year. Even though Keina lived in Tokyo, she regularly watched the match from her previous school. Basically, any kind of volleyball match that she can watch, she'll watch with her parents.

"Kiyoko-san, may I help you?" Keina asked her. Kiyoko gladly accepts the offer. Suga, who looked at that scene, had some ideas.

"Kei-chan... would you like to be our manager?" He asked. Keina looks surprised after hearing the statement. "Koshi-nii... you're kidding, right? I have my part-time work in case you forgot." Suga nodded, "Maybe for a moment until we really find the fixed manager for us. How?" Suga gave some suggestions.

"Is that okay, Kiyoko-san?" Keina asked for her permission. Kiyoko smiled and nodded. "It's okay. You'll be a big help for me."

Keina's eyes sparkled as she heard the response and Kiyoko's smile. "T..then... may I take a lot of photos for my part-time work?" Kiyoko nodded. Her little happy jump made some of the volleyball members around her chuckled.

The gym abruptly opened, then showed some man in green training. "Who?" Keina muttered. "Our advisor," Suga whispered. Karasuno's volleyball team's advisor, Mr. Takeda stands in front of the gymnasium door while catching some air because he's just running with his energy to the gymnasium. Then Mr. Takeda proceeded to tell them that they would have practice match with Aoba Johsai High School.

Suga noticed the change on Keina's face when Mr. Takeda mentioned 'Aoba Johsai', one of the best four in Miyagi prefecture. But then his own face that changed because of the condition that was given by Aoba Johsai wanted Kageyama to be the setter for the whole game.

*

"Koshi-nii, are you okay with that?"

Keina asked Suga while they were studying together. Suga looked confused at first but then realized the meaning of that question. "You already heard my statement, right?" Keina nodded, "But still..." Suga smiled and ruffled her hair.

"But I think I need to know more about why your expression is changing when Mr. Takeda mentioned Aoba Johsai. Didn't you declined the offer to apply that school when my parents asked you?"

Mr. and Mrs. Sugawara really considered enrolled Keina in Aoba Johsai when she finally decided to live with them in Miyagi. One of the reasons is that almost all of her friends from junior high in that school. They thought that Keina would be easier to addapt in Aoba Johsai instead of in Karasuno. But Keina immediately declined the offer, and she didn't really tell the answer.

"Can we talk about it later?"

"Nope."

Keina sighed. "The simple reason is... I don't wanna in the same school with the narcisstic setter from that school." Suga looks confused. In a minute, he realized what the meaning of Keina's words was.

"You can say... I had some strange relationship with their setter at that time."

***

3 Years Ago.

Keina brought her new camera around the school. Today was her first day of being a member of the photography club at her school, Kitagawa Daiichi. Their first assignment is to take any kind of photo that closed to their everyday life. Keina rushed to the school gymnasium because the first thing that came to her mind was sports.

Keina's eyes sparkled as she noticed that the volleyball club had just started their practice. Then she asked the coach if it was okay to take some photos for her club activities. After she got permission, Keina walked around the gymnasium to capture some moments.

"Dad will be happy if he sees this," She muttered as she continuosly take the picture. She found some of the second year students who practice their serve and receiving and then move closer to them.

In a flash, her camera falls with a big thud sound. Her camera, her new camera, was hit by the ball and fell. For a moment, Keina tried to grasp the situation that just happened. Until she heard two male students arguing about who would say sorry to her.

Keina took her camera, and the ball then walked closer to them. "May I know who threw this ball?"

One of them point to his friend. The one who got pointed whispered, "Iwa-chan!" Then he looked to Keina. "I... I accidentally hit the ball harder than usual."

Keina sighed, "When you accidentally do something... the right thing to do is say sorry first. Instead of trying to explain the situation as if it wasn't your fault."

"But it's also your fault. Why are you just standing there? This is volleyball court, and you are not holding your camera properly."

Keina's patience had run out after she heard that statement. Then she furiously threw the ball exactly to the boy's face.

***

"Ouch..." Suga gave his comment hearing the story. He knows exactly how strong Keina is if someone made her angry, especially if that is related to her camera.

"He had nosebleed, and the day after, my parents got called from school." Keina is continuing her story.

"After that accident... suddenly, we became close. One of the reasons was that my house at that time was near Hajime's, and my mom asked him to help me in my studies."

Keina took a sip of her tea before continuing her story.

"In my second year, we, I and Tooru, sometimes eat lunch together without Hajime. And sometimes I thought he treated me differently and kinda romantic? I don't know. But, right before the graduation day, I overhear a conversation between him and some of the girls from our school who asked him if he has a girlfriend or not and what kind of relationship between me and him."

Keina sighed, "Then his answer is 'Keina is like a little sister to me'. Can you imagine how hurt I am, Koshi-nii?"

Suga nodded, "So... is it why your eyes swollen on my graduation day?" He remembered Keina's face at the family lunch after his graduation ceremony.

"But... it looks like you're still not over him, Kei. Because you still watch his match. His match is maybe one of the things that helped you to keep going after what happened with aunty and uncle."

Keina fell silent. Suga gave her little pat on her shoulders, "It's getting late. Let's go to sleep."