What Every Lion is Made Of

"Can you imagine? Voltron becoming even stronger than it is now?" Sam asked, with a smile. He stared down and his laptop, clicking away at the board. 

"It's hard to. I have seen what Voltron can do, it's more powerful than almost anything I've seen and has a greater connection to each other than a pack of Yalmors linked at the ears!" Coran yelled, he beamed up at one of the great lions. They were both outside, the earth's sun shining down on them. Desert sand terrain for miles beyond their vision.

"Yeah, but hopefully after we're done, Voltron will be the most powerful giant robot this universe has ever seen."

"Hey dad!" A new and younger voice called. Pidge Holt was walking towards them, she wore her green cadet uniform.

"Hey kiddo. Aren't you grounded?" Sam asked his daughter. The girl shrugged. 

"I'm on a lunch break." She said.

"And your not just out here to hide from her?" The older Holt raised a brow. Pidge shrunk down, an annoyed look in her eye.

"So," She said, changing the subject. "how close are you to finishing?" 

"We're just now completing a scan on the lions. After this, you can bet your quiznak Voltron will be prepared for whatever the future throws at us!" Coran said.

"But we have scanned the Lions plenty of times for damages and such, what's different about this one?" The paladin asked. Coran yanked on his mustache with a smirk.

"Thats the glorious part!" He said. 

"Before, when you scanned you merely inspected the outside layer of the Lions." Sam said. 

"Layer? You mean the Lions are hiding things from us?" Pidge looked up at Green with a frown.

"I don't believe its purposeful. Normal scans examine the Lions as if it were a machine or computer. Though they seem mostly to be simply a device, we know that's not true since you and the other paladins have made a connection  with them." Sam explained.

"A special bond, if you will!" Coran said. "These Lions are partly alive, and they have many secrets beyond their basic abilities. And we plan to figure what they are!"

 Pidge nodded, though she couldn't imagine Green having any more secrets than what she didn't already know. Like Coran said, they have a special bond. Green saved her more times than she could count, and always guided her when she didn't know what to do. What could the lion be hiding?

"Are you ready?" Coran asked. Sam nodded as he pushed a few more buttons. 

"Ready." He said as he pressed the final key. "Now all  we have to do is wait." 

"Hey Pidge!" A another voice called. They turned to find three more paladins walking towards them. Lance, Hunk and Keith. A trio that Pidge didn't expect. Lance was waving at her. 

"Hey guys, what are you doing here?" She asked.

"Looking for you. You just disappeared back there." Lance said. 

"I know, I turned around and you were gone. I was worried something happened." Hunk said sheepishly.  Keith nodded. 

"Oh, I came out here to see how the scan is doing." Pidge explained.

"You mean the one they were talking about to enhance the Lions?" Hunk asked. 

"Thats the one!" Coran said. 

"Awesome!" Hunk yelled. Lance grinned and agreed. 

"Is it almost done?" Keith asked, his voice sounded lighter than his usual monotone. Apparently hanging out with Lance and Hunk did him some good.