💔 Xiao x F! Reader: "I love you" 💔

warning: gore, death, blood.

Xiao/3rd pov:

Y/n has been friends with xiao for just about a year now. even though you tried to be there from the beginning, he tried to push you away for your own good, all he does is hurt people, everyone he cares about dies one way or another, either from the archean war that happened thousands of years ago or if he is just friends with them and they die of old age. he gets hurt easily, so he had built up walls around his heart so that he doesn't get hurt again.

then a simple messenger came into his life, the trader was a simple woman who had nothing too special about her other, at least that's what it seemed like to xiao. the messenger (you) ended up trading with xiao a lot due to him needing certain artifacts that you were able to get and provide him. eventually, the two were able to chit chat a little more each day, and xiao finally accepted them as a friend.

after about 6-8 months he started to feel weird around Y/n. at first, he started to feel a bit anxious about the arrival of his delivery, which he brushed off. but then more started to happen to him. he started to feel happier when you were around, and it came to a point where you kept him up at night with thoughts of you in his head as he wore a slight smile while looking at his ceiling. but deep down, he was scared. scared to death that he was going to lose you. so he never got as close to you as he would have liked.

Xiao permitted you to call out his name if you ever needed help. you never needed to use it but it was nice to have it in the first place.

Your pov:

Xiao had a lot of trust in you so he asked if you could go to dragon spine to get another artifact that he needed for other missions. you gladly accepted the man and went on your way that should have been safe for the time being. but little did you know there was someone watching your every move.

as you walk down the path that was really pretty, you heard a noise behind you. you looked back suddenly to see nothing and there was a squirrel to your left. and with that, you dismissed it as nothing.

a little while later you feel like someone is following you. you speed up to try and escape whoever or whatever it was. you were 1 or 2 miles from dragon spine and were almost there to grab the artifact. and here you were running for your life. you finally looked back to see a ruin grader coming after you, after a few minutes few other ruin graders joined in the chase.

when you heard nothing behind you, you hid trying to catch your breath. you were relieved to get away, almost there.

as you go to get up, you suddenly hear a noise behind you. you quickly tried to look behind you but before you could, you feel a giant arm of metal slam against you which threw you into a tree. your back hit the tree and you heard a crack before falling to the ground. the ruin graders were next to you and hit you one more time before everything goes red and can't see.

you remembered the words of someone you loved dearly even if they didn't know it. "Adeptis Xiao..." you whispered before letting your head fall to the ground. suddenly you hear shuffling and yelling around you. eventually, you hear someone call what you thought was your name.

you recognized the unforgettable voice that you have come to love over the past year, Xiao.

"Y/n! Y/n! are you okay?!" his voice suddenly goes softer as he sees the condition you were in. you were in pain and covered in blood. Xiao came over to you and held you in his arms like the fragile thing you were. he wiped the blood from in front of your eyes gently so that you can make out his blue hair on his head. you smiled softly.

"you came" you rasped out softly.

"yeah... I did... " he looked lost in what to do.

suddenly you were in intense pain as you were bleeding out. you couldn't move your legs because when your back hit the tree. it broke your back. the amount of pain was ungodly to you.

"Why do you mortals have to have such weak bodies?.." he asked to no one in particular.

"xiao... please... make the pain go away... please," you said as you had so much excruciating pain going through your body.

"Y/n- don't tell me it's what I think it is-" his voice cracked a little as he was in shock.

you nodded your head to confirm what he asked. you yelped in pain as he looked at you. he understood what he had to do.

he gently kissed your forehead for the first and last time. you were the first official person he actually let in. he lays you down as softly as possible as he gets up. tears now in your eyes spilling over your beaten yet beautiful face. you hear him get his pole-arm out.

you gathered the rest of your strength to say those words you've been bottling up inside for all of these months. "I love you, Xiao. thank you..." you softly smiled as everything around you went black.

Xiao's Pov:

I gave Y/n the peace she wanted from the pain... I heard what she said right before I gave her mercy.

since they were gone, the tears finally started to spill down my cheeks and face as I wipe them away repeatedly. I scream for not being there to protect her. not being a good friend, best friend, nor was he lover material.. but one thing he did know that was in his heart, was true... as he took a deep breath and looked towards the stars in the sky seeing a new star. he smiled a little bit while tears coming down his face...

"I love you too Y/n, you mortal human..."

End

By: ZhonglisPolearm

Thank you for reading, this is my first published Oneshot, if you have any requests and/or themes, please feel free to comment or dm them to me!